Super Spots--Oaklawn Park

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Several years ago I owned part of a 3yo who broke maiden at Saratoga on the weeds. We sent him to a stakes at Woodbine where he ran just ok.. Then in the fall we sent him to Keeneland to run in the Bourbon Stakes. On the Saturday before the race on Sunday, we went to the Kentucky/Auburn football game. Going into the 4th quarter, Kentucky had a comfortable lead--but it didn't last long. Cam Newton cut loose and single-handed ran through the KY defense and scored 4 touchdowns to win big for Auburn. Need I say more?

Oaklawn 3rd
mdn clm $35k
#6 TRULY GRAY, 9/2
Didn't run too well in his first despite having very good works. That was a tough msw and Cox immediately drops down to clm. Look for vast improvement and a good chance vs these.
#6 wps
Ex Bx 4--5--6

Oaklawn 7th
msw 1 1/16
#5 IMPASSE, 5-1
Word from the backside is that unlike most of his young starters, Lukas has this one ready to fire!
#5 wps
Ex Bx 1--2--5

Oaklawn 8th
#7 Percolator, 9/5, comes in for John Servis and is the class of the field. However, there are two in here who ran behind Whitmore last month, and Whitmore is a really good one. Complementing styles too! #6 Will Munnings 7/2, will shoot out front and was a stubborn foe in last against Whitmore. He will hold on much better today. #5 SIGHTFORSOREYES, 6-1, is the only speed closer in a field where all want the lead.
Ex Bx and hope for the later to beat Percolator 5--6--7

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    EDIT---my horse was a two year old, FORUM , but that does not change the "CAM FACTOR"