Gulfstream play for Wednesday (2/10)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 8

#3 Tiz Jeweled (6/1 ml)

Clement filly came off a 14-month layoff to run quite well going 1 3/16 miles on grass last time out, finishing 5th, but only beaten just over a length at the wire. Could've done even better than that, but was racing in traffic for most of the way, had nowhere to go for the entire stretch run and even steadied late. Should be tighter with the race under her belt, and in fact, she's worked heads-up 3 times in a row with the 7/2 ml favorite here (also a Clement trainee, obviously). Expecting a good run at a good price.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Tiz Jeweled ran third @ 11/1
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Dc, I didn't see your post till after the race. I played a 3 horse ex bx using 3--4--5 and as usual it ran 4--6--3--5

Julian the fuckin strangler held tiz back and didn't engage the 6 horse until it didn't matter! Johnny V,, as usual, ran and rode the 4 for Matz as if he was the second coming of Man Of War! I really think the Joe Talamo thread should be amended to include the "Frog Man"!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I don't think Tiz Jeweled was ever beating the 4 there. That one looked pretty strong. The 6 had it pretty easy up front, as you mentioned. You could kinda see that coming before the race even started. I hit the trifecta, but still lost about half of my overall investment in the race (bet Tiz Jeweled to win and then keyed her in several exotics due to the price).