Oaklawn Spot Play--Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 8
3yo n2L one mile $70k

#2 Rated R Superstar, 2-1, and #3 Conquest Windycity, 3-1, will take all the money in a race where we may see the winner in next out Stakes? However, both have been brought along slowly after a busy fall campaign and this will be their first race back in a while. Of these two, Conquest has looked better in the mornings. However, I'm going with a fresh face who has looked like a very good one!

#1 MAJOR LEAGUE, 5/2
Colt by Malibu Moon broke maiden at first asking over the Oaklawn strip going 6 furlongs. He pressed a hot pace and opened up late to win pulling away and has come back to look like he could be any kind in the mornings. Tell Tale Sign, Santana sticks with him and opts to give-up two Assman runners! I would expect him to hug the rail and save ground until room opens up going into the final turn and then let Santana get him out into the golden middle of the Oaklawn track. I don't think he will be very far back but if he is look for his move a little early due to the short stretch of the mile run. Shotgun to my nuts---if I had to pick my second choice it would be Conquest?

Suggested Play:

#1 W/P
ex bx 1/3
tri play 1/3--1/3--2/6/8
super: 1/3--1/3--2/6/8--2/6/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments