Race 2 @ Gulfstream (2/21)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
There's an interesting horse today in Race 2. The #4 horse Unified worked heads-up twice in a row (Jan 25 and Feb 2) with an unraced barnmate named Adulator, then worked heads-up on Feb 9 with an older, multiple stakes-placed horse named Team Colors, who came out of that drill to win a NX3 allowance race a few days ago (two turns). Not only that, but Team Colors hasn't run worse than 2nd in any of his last 5 starts (two of which were stakes).

So, i would expect Unified to run well today. And if he does, then be on the lookout for Adulator.

Quick note though, he won't be ridden by Joel Rosario (broken wrist). Castellano gets the call today.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Unified broke like a shot, then went wire-to-wire in 1:08 4/5.

Bodes well for Adulator... :thumbup1:
    edited February 2016
    edited March 2016
    Adulator still not entered thru this weekend. I wonder what's going on here? :scare:

In somewhat related news however, Travis County (an unraced McLaughlin colt who had worked with the strong second-place finisher from Unified's lightning-fast maiden win (the race mentioned in this thread title) is entered on Saturday. He had previously been entered going two turns on grass, but was scratched. Now sprinting on dirt.
    edited March 2016
    Well, Adulator worked out this morning, so he's still among the living. Still think it's strange he passed on that 7-furlong open maiden race yesterday. Maybe they want to run him 6 furlongs, like Unified?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    He's gonna debut in the Florida derby.
    edited March 2016
    Adulator has been entered Saturday @ 6 furlongs. Drew the #12 spot though.
    edited March 2016
    Adulator has been entered Saturday @ 6 furlongs. Drew the #12 spot though.

6/1 morning line :thumbup:

Btw, i found a podcast last night (from a couple of weeks ago) with the owner of Centennial Farm (Don Little) where he mentioned Adulator as one that they "really liked", and perhaps more importantly, he also mentioned this specific race & date (6 furlongs on March 12) for Adulator's probable debut. That makes me feel a lot better about why he wasn't entered last week or the week before...

Btw, i also found this. Bummer.

https://twitter.com/andyserling/status/707696701704904705
    edited March 2016
    6/1 morning line :thumbup:

Btw, i found a podcast last night (from a couple of weeks ago) with the owner of Centennial Farm (Don Little) where he mentioned Adulator as one that they "really liked", and perhaps more importantly, he also mentioned this specific race & date (6 furlongs on March 12) for Adulator's probable debut. That makes me feel a lot better about why he wasn't entered last week or the week before...

Btw, i also found this. Bummer.

https://twitter.com/andyserling/status/707696701704904705

Huge bummer. Will be even money.
    edited March 2016
    Word is definitely out. Mike Welsch said in his DRF picks that he'll "vie for favoritism". How many 6/1 shots do they say that about? Ugh.
    edited March 2016
    Went off as the 6/5 favorite, then blew the break and was off 2-3 lengths behind the others. Made a big move to challenge on the turn, then flattened out in the lane. Next time.
    edited March 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Huge bummer. Will be even money.

Thank god I missed this. I was so spun out today I would have unloaded.
    edited March 2016
    I just hate everybody and everything. Tough to operate a show like that. Money does not buy happiness guys. By the way - Nate I know you're doing big things, everything good?
    edited April 2016
    Adulator wins going away @ $4.00 :toast:
    edited April 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I just hate everybody and everything. Tough to operate a show like that. Money does not buy happiness guys. By the way - Nate I know you're doing big things, everything good?

I'm bi-polar as a motherfucker. Thank god I'm alive, I guess.