Mohaymen - great colt, great draw . . . Mohaymen over Zulu Exacta

R11: 9/5 Ex Bx
R12: 6/5 Ex
R13: 1/10 Ex Bx

Good Luck to you!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I like Awesome Banner, assuming he runs (reportedly, he may scratch and then point to the TB Derby).

I think he looks like the best horse in the race, aside from his lack of two-turn experience. If he were trained by Pletcher (rather than Stanley Gold), they'd be hyping him to the moon right now. But instead, we may get 4/1.

Gotta think Mohayman will be 3/5 (or possibly even lower), and Zulu will obviously get bet as well. I'm not crazy about the contesting speed in the race, but Awesopme Banner has shown that he can handle pace pressure, he's drawn outside, and the fractions will be much slower than he's accustomed to (even if the pace is strong), so he should have plenty of gas left in the tank when the real running starts.

Speaking of which, i think that's why Mohayman finished so strongly last time out. The pace was ridiculously slow. That won't be the case this time. Plus, he won't be 100% cranked anyway. I think he may be ripe for the upset here.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Pay attention to ($1 Fellowship), he must be kicking the stall down for Gold to run him against the Big Colt. His works are telling it as well. I think he'll run huge down the lane today!!! It might be an Gold exacta, weirder things have happened in this game.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    I like Awesome Banner, assuming he runs (reportedly, he may scratch and then point to the TB Derby).

I think he looks like the best horse in the race, aside from his lack of two-turn experience. If he were trained by Pletcher (rather than Stanley Gold), they'd be hyping him to the moon right now. But instead, we may get 4/1.

Gotta think Mohayman will be 3/5 (or possibly even lower), and Zulu will obviously get bet as well. I'm not crazy about the contesting speed in the race, but Awesopme Banner has shown that he can handle pace pressure, he's drawn outside, and the fractions will be much slower than he's accustomed to (even if the pace is strong), so he should have plenty of gas left in the tank when the real running starts.

Speaking of which, i think that's why Mohayman finished so strongly last time out. The pace was ridiculously slow. That won't be the case this time. Plus, he won't be 100% cranked anyway. I think he may be ripe for the upset here.

I agree with you DC,as far as Mo' being upset today.He is on my KD watch list but this is a test for him today.Especially at this distance and so close to the KD. Im going with Zulu for the Win.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    shh10 wrote: »
    Mohaymen - great colt, great draw . . . Mohaymen over Zulu Exacta

R11: 9/5 Ex Bx
    R12: 6/5 Ex
    R13: 1/10 Ex Bx

Good Luck to you!

Ex paid 9.20...I would of played it...thought it was going to pay about 4 bucks...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Shh10... Parlay it on cape force in the 13..sitting at 9-1 with 7 mtp
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Pay attention to ($1 Fellowship), he must be kicking the stall down for Gold to run him against the Big Colt. His works are telling it as well. I think he'll run huge down the lane today!!! It might be an Gold exacta, weirder things have happened in this game.

Nice run by the #1 horse. Thought for a second he might complete the exacta.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    rayphil wrote: »
    Shh10... Parlay it on cape force in the 13..sitting at 9-1 with 7 mtp

I had to unexpectedly run into work and was subjected to watching what I could from race 9 forward on my phone. Didn't get a chance to read your post until now. Thanks for looking out though . . .