Rebel Stakes

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Looking forward to this one. I really think that Whitmore ran better than looked in the Southwest, and i also want to see if the Southwest winner Suddenbreakingnews can replicate his giant late run.

Also very much looking forward to seeing Cupid in action... :eating:

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    It is a pretty intriguing race. i also think whitmore might be pretty salty. i wonder how many 3 horse exacta boxes will have those 3?
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Suddenbreakingnews has my money, after that last race. From last to first. It left me saying waooo and the Breeding he has. Distance won't be a factor come Derby time.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    It is a pretty intriguing race. i also think whitmore might be pretty salty. i wonder how many 3 horse exacta boxes will have those 3?

Don't ignore #8 American Dubai, 12-1

Word is that he came out of Southwest in great order and has dappled up and training great. Chris Landeros told me he has a real shot to wire this field going 1 1/16.

On my way to the track now. GOOD LUCK!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    I am boxing 4 10 11 12 in the exotics...CUPID to WIN
    w2w
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    love me some cherry wine...glgl fellas..
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm liking Cherry Wine--- across the board.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Looking forward to this one. I really think that Whitmore ran better than looked in the Southwest, and i also want to see if the Southwest winner Suddenbreakingnews can replicate his giant late run.

Also very much looking forward to seeing Cupid in action... :eating:

I have to say, the points system has really made the Derby into a fun event.

You were right on here DC. Guess Mor Spirit and Danzing Candy are pretty fucking good.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    I've made 2 MASSIVE W/P bets on Whitmore and both times, I thought I would get to the wire 1st. OH WELL!! I was really impressed with Cupid, he's a serious colt. Much left in the tank for that one.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2016
    The HRT exacta pays $45.80 :toast:
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    CAUGHT THE WINNER
    $7.80 $5.00 $3.80
    $45.80 exacta
    w2w
    edited March 2016
    Cupid is now ranked #5 in Haskin's Derby Dozen.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2016/03/22/derby-dozen-march-22-2016-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx

Personally, i have him ranked #1. I thought Cupid looked fantastic. Broke poorly and got rushed up to take the lead into the first turn, and yet still had plenty late when it mattered (despite setting a very fast pace for that surface and distance). Seemed to re-break late when challenged by Whitmore, and I really liked the way he galloped out also. Serious, serious Derby contender right now. Also, he's previously proven himself capable of stalking effectively. Seems to be a highly versatile sort, which can only help his chances. Throw in the fact that he's also proven himself capable of handling different racing surfaces, which is very important on Derby Day (though no one ever seems to talk about that). Not to mention, he's being handled by the right trainer. Lots and lots to like.
    edited March 2016
    Cupid is now ranked #5 in Haskin's Derby Dozen.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2016/03/22/derby-dozen-march-22-2016-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx

Personally, i have him ranked #1. I thought Cupid looked fantastic. Broke poorly and got rushed up to take the lead into the first turn, and yet still had plenty late when it mattered (despite setting a very fast pace for that surface and distance). Seemed to re-break late when challenged by Whitmore, and I really liked the way he galloped out also. Serious, serious Derby contender right now. Also, he's previously proven himself capable of stalking effectively. Seems to be a highly versatile sort, which can only help his chances. Throw in the fact that he's also proven himself capable of handling different racing surfaces, which is very important on Derby Day (though no one ever seems to talk about that). Not to mention, he's being handled by the right trainer. Lots and lots to like.

Here's the replay, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNYqz27tio
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I've made 2 MASSIVE W/P bets on Whitmore and both times, I thought I would get to the wire 1st. OH WELL!! I was really impressed with Cupid, he's a serious colt. Much left in the tank for that one.

FB,I went with Whitemore also.Should have known better to go against a Baffert Shipper!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    FB,I went with Whitemore also.Should have known better to go against a Baffert Shipper!

He just seems like an hanger, he makes that big move and then he seems to idle. I'm still high on him at this time, I cannot wait to see if he can get a good post in the Ark Derby and clean trip.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    anybody coming in town for it?
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    anybody coming in town for it?

King,,at least 40 members on my forum will attend,not sure as of yet if I'm going.I attend The Belmont every year,my favourite of the TC races.
    edited April 2016
    Was just looking over the Derby Points standings. Looks like Whitmore may need some more points on Saturday in order to make the Derby field. He's currently ranked 24th on the points list. :scare: