Mo Tom

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Who will ride Mo Tom in The Derby?
I really think that Cory won't be on hm again, after those last two races.
Velasquez got off of Destin to ride Outwork, in The Tampa Bay Derby. Outwork would need to run again, for points, or defections to get in. (20pts with Zulu and Forevamo). He's done it before with Animal Kingdom and has happened to him when he decided to get off of Orb to ride, I believe was, Verrazano.
Does anyone have any info on this?

Comments

• TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    If Lanerie can't gauge traffic in the Rebel and LA Derby,how in the hell will he be able to weave through the traffic jam at the KD?! What a piss-poor ride:cursing:! Paging Borel!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2016
    TurferGirl wrote: »
    Paging Borel!!

That'd be my guess.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    "It's not a bad thing to have your toughest challenge to date five weeks before the Derby," McLaughlin said. "We haven't gotten to the bottom of him yet. This is a very special colt. He's the best 3-year-old I've ever had."

About mohaymen.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    DS,I'm taking Mo' Saturday too.
    Nyquist good,but his first time at 2 turns? Mo',three preps,ALL 2 turns.But if they let Nyquist get off to the lead,may be hard to rundown? But Nyquist last prep,he may be hungrier?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    A friend of mine is tight with Greg Bensel, which runs GMB racing and they aren't going to make an impulsive decision at this time on the jock change. Corey will still be named, but he won't be in the irons on the 1st Saturday in May. They're going to see how it all plays out in the next two weeks. I appreciate the bad rides as I have been all over Gun Runner in the Risen Star and La. Derby. I crushed the La. Derby this past Saturday!!! #CashingTickets
    edited March 2016
    That'd be my guess.

I'm pretty sure he has to keep Lanerie on after he bad mouthed him. If you're quiet, it's easy, now you cause a fucking scene...
    edited March 2016
    DS,I'm taking Mo' Saturday too.
    Nyquist good,but his first time at 2 turns? Mo',three preps,ALL 2 turns.But if they let Nyquist get off to the lead,may be hard to rundown? But Nyquist last prep,he may be hungrier?

I'm not betting the race, but Nyquist is the class, a 3 time G1 winner, and won the BC juvenile around 2 turns. Just posting the trainers opinion. He also thought he was gonna have big night in Dubai.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited March 2016

Hmmm, why now just before the KD? Was he not getting a mount? Someone has to know the story - inquiring minds want to know . . .
    edited April 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I'm not betting the race, but Nyquist is the class, a 3 time G1 winner, and won the BC juvenile around 2 turns. Just posting the trainers opinion. He also thought he was gonna have big night in Dubai.

Class is class, boys. A page full of G1 gets it done versus some g2 nags every time. Kieran probably bummed.