Mohaymen vs nyquist

risky101risky101 Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
I like mohaymen over nyquist in a cold exacta, but is there any money to he made on a exacta box? I Will probably play mohaymen over nyquist , all, all in a super and hope it pays out...any thoughts or opinion on the winner of this epic battle?

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    I have became a fan of nyquist. He is not flashy but he has some guts. Very tactical as well..and you are not the best until you beat the champ..
    edited April 2016
    rayphil wrote: »
    I have became a fan of nyquist. He is not flashy but he has some guts. Very tactical as well..and you are not the best until you beat the champ..

cant beat the champ....the boy romps..
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    What a great performance for a cool 1M BONUS , for nyquist.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2016
    So what happened with Mohaymen today? Didn't like the off-track? Or perhaps an injury?

Whatever the case, we now officially have a new Derby favorite. Either Nyquist or someone else. Probably Nyquist.

I'm not sure this clears anything up about Nyquist, btw. Off track, and Mohaymen clearly didn't fire. Still not sure what to think about this unbeaten colt. Have to think he'll be severely underlaid in the Derby though, whatever his chances.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    So what happened with Mohaymen today? Didn't like the off-track? Or perhaps an injury?

Whatever the case, we now officially have a new Derby favorite. Either Nyquist or someone else. Probably Nyquist.

I'm not sure this clears anything up about Nyquist, btw. Off track, and Mohaymen clearly didn't fire. Still not sure what to think about this unbeaten colt. Have to think he'll be severely underlaid in the Derby though, whatever his chances.

I'm pretty sure we saw a naggish G2 winner forced to take on the real deal. And Mohayman jock sucks.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    So does that make Mario the second coming of Pat Day?
    Don't think so!

Terrible effort from Mohaymen, so much so that I think he will need a race against n3l or opt clm so he can get his confidence back. Say what you will, but when a horse like Mohaymen gets thumped like he did that horse will lose his his swagger and run like the beaten horse he is!

Right now, I wouldn't use him in the Kentucky Derby with DC's money!
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    I think I witnessed my futures $$ going out the window . . .
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Had Mo' circled for the Derby.Underestimated Nyquist.
    But he won't and can't w2w the Derby. And please Mr.Oneill,can you train him to run straight, geesh?!
    edited April 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we saw a naggish G2 winner forced to take on the real deal. And Mohayman jock sucks.

I agree with you J.A.sucks,at least on Mo'! He did more looking around him than riding!
    edited April 2016
    All I hear is that the champ got a great trip and mo didn't...all I got to say is watch the replay of the juvenile..broke from the 13 hole-7 wide around first turn-4 wide trip the whole trip- and he still had a closing kick from about 5th or 6th..you don't have to be a fan of this horse you just have to respect him. Don't let your pride keep you from making money on him..
    edited April 2016
    All I hear is that the champ got a great trip and mo didn't...all I got to say is watch the replay of the juvenile..broke from the 13 hole-7 wide around first turn-4 wide trip the whole trip- and he still had a closing kick from about 5th or 6th..you don't have to be a fan of this horse you just have to respect him. Don't let your pride keep you from making money on him..

I never let pride block my money flow R.P.
    I like and respect the horse just not as much as yourself.
    Was merely offering my opinion on the race.I'm not angry at Nyquist winning,more disconcerted with the ride J.A. gave Mo'.

T.G.
    edited April 2016
    Wasn't toward you..just my opinion..just some people will let there pride keep them from playing a horse cause of feelings..grandma always told me to bet with your head not with your heart...anyone have info on swipe..
    edited April 2016
    Wasn't toward you..just my opinion..just some people will let there pride keep them from playing a horse cause of feelings..grandma always told me to bet with your head not with your heart...anyone have info on swipe..

Entered for The Lexington stks.on the 15th.
  • TbredGirlTbredGirl Junior Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi Turq,I registered today. Imnsho,Gunrunner could take both of them.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Below is what my customers received yesterday. I really disagree with all the pundits stating such negative comments on Nyquist. He's just one GUTSY horse and runs his TAIL off each race thus far in his career. He will have his work cut out for him in the KY Derby as he will face Danzig Moon that is a BLAZER in his own right. I think this years Ky Derby will see something like years past when the TOTE blows up. The favorite streak will end this year IMO!!!

ROAD 2 THE ROSES

RACE 14 - FLORIDA DERBY - The battle of the West Coast BEAST vs. the S. Florida SCREAMER, it's been written about all week long and basically two weeks as well. The heavyweights facing off in an Ky. Derby PREP. This is rarely seen of late and it's exciting to see to nice colts battle down the lane today as expected. All we've heard from the EXPERTS about Nyquist he cannot win this race and cannot run this far, but he just keeps on winning. That says a lot from my POV, horses have to have HEART to win races and this colt by UNCLE MO is all HEART!!! I feel he's been facing way tougher company during his career and it will show down the lane today over a main track that is usually favoring speed. If he wins on the front end today, the experts will be saying he was aided by a speed favoring track and he got the perfect trip.

WIN AND PLACE - #4 - NYQUIST

EXACTA AND TRI KEY - 4 OVER 2-3-7-9
    edited April 2016
    TbredGirl wrote: »

Took you long enough,told you about this site months ago.I understood your hesitation,females aren't always welcomed at a lot of racing sites.But as I told you and the other females in our consortium,I've enjoyed posting here,and have learned a lot from these very astute players.Glad you're here.
    As far as gunrunner beating both.Don't think so.(N)
    edited April 2016
    Welcome Tbredgirl..this place has a lot of good peeps in it..don't be afraid to post.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    TbredGirl wrote: »

Welcome!!!