Biggest Day of the Year So Far

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita card is a fucking monster.
Looks like D'Amato is gonna have a huge day. My horsey Denman's Call had been tearing down the barn, but he'll face Mor Spirit and Danzing tomorrow. I like Mor Spirit quite a bit.

Kee has good races, I think.

And there's a million other tracks. Lock and load.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, the filly and mare race at "kernel and" is crazy tough...
    edited April 2016
    Billy Spawr's horse in the last is very live, he entered it before, but scratched when he drew the rail because they're trying to win... Problem is, this race came up loaded, also the anchor is up... Would love to see Agapito in the irons....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, great card, but also a 100% chance of rain. I'm bummed.

PS - It'd be something if Songbird failed to handle the mud @ her usual 1/20 odds. Probably won't happen, but just throwing the possibility out there.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, great card, but also a 100% chance of rain. I'm bummed.

PS - It'd be something if Songbird failed to handle the mud @ her usual 1/20 odds. Probably won't happen, but just throwing the possibility out there.

Songbird may just not be the best 3yo filly running today? It's no secret that I think Rick Porter is a complete prick! Him and his little plaid bow tie and his arrogance were well on display when he was campaigning Havre de Grace. I got my fill of him at Belmont and the Spa. That said, many folks in the know think she is the best 3yo going today, colts or otherwise. Well, I have some news for you!

TERRA PROMESSA goes today in the G3 Fantasy at Oaklawn Park and she has run off all the competition and will go at 1/9 in a 6 horse field. Unlike dickhead Porter, Terra is a homie from Jess Jackson, deceased, and Barbara Banke, Stonestreet Stable, and its real easy to pull for these folks. In her last, Honeybee, she sat off a quick pace and when asked turning for home, she changed leads on command and exploded down the lane in a most professional manner. These Curlin offspring just get better with age and she will be in top condition in May when she faces Songbird. I spoke yesteday with the Assman and he is barely able to hold his excitement over her future. In between all the other stakes action today, don't forget to tune into Oaklawn Park if you want to see, a real STARLET in the making!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    The east has shown again to have the bottom of the derby again this year..west coast 3yo are tons better. If I was tap I wouldn't even send the horse from the wood yesterday. Got lucky and out bobbed a 80-1 maiden from Cali..
    edited April 2016
    rayphil wrote: »
    The east has shown again to have the bottom of the derby again this year..west coast 3yo are tons better. If I was tap I wouldn't even send the horse from the wood yesterday. Got lucky and out bobbed a 80-1 maiden from Cali..

Pretty sure Repole wants to be there... Lol.

Honestly, that Cathryn Sofia shit was a joke, too. Like mohaymen, she has a bunch of G2 races, nothing real.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Did she beat rachele valentina in the breeders cup? Looks Like shes still number 1. I had fun watching her even though I had to endure the rain all afternoon, I totally killed the tri n super , tri paid just under 20 super paid just under 80$. 80$ super on a 1/9 horse , I was loving it had it for 5$...$$$$$$