Tvg says Songbird out

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
You know...

Comments

• shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, this kinda sucks to hear. Makes the Oaks a bit more interesting. Will be leaning towards Land over Sea.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    shh10 wrote: »
    Well, this kinda sucks to hear. Makes the Oaks a bit more interesting. Will be leaning towards Land over Sea.

Should give the Preakness a fucking whack...
    edited April 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Put up some of that car dealer cash and nominate this nag.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2016

I have a sneaking suspicion this may happen (assuming she can bounce back from the fever pretty quickly).

As for the Oaks, Wynn put out a Yes/No prop on Songbird a couple of months ago with the Yes @ 7/2. I almost bet it, but i passed. Just couldn't bring myself to take that short a price with 2 months (and 2 races) still left to go before the Oaks. That being said, i had been kicking myself over passing on it for several weeks now. Glad it turns out i made the right decision.
    edited April 2016
    I have a sneaking suspicion this may happen (assuming she can bounce back from the fever pretty quickly).

As for the Oaks, Wynn put out a Yes/No prop on Songbird a couple of months ago with the Yes @ 7/2. I almost bet it, but i passed. Just couldn't bring myself to take that short a price with 2 months (and 2 races) still left to go before the Oaks. That being said, i had been kicking myself over passing on it for several weeks now. Glad it turns out i made the right decision.

Maybe DC. But still is not TC nominated.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Maybe DC. But still is not TC nominated.

That's a great point.......I had forgotten about that.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Could make the OAKS a "Stone-Cold Stonestreet exacta?"

We all know about Rachel's Valentina who Banke sent to TAP and she ran her ass off in the Ashland. However, Banke stayed in Lexington to watch RV run but she put about 15 people from her Lexington farm on a private jet and flew them to Oaklawn to watch Terra Promessa run in the Fantasy that same day. I spoke with several Stonestreet employees and they think as much, or more, of Assman's Terra Promessa. In the Fantasy, TP was rank as hell and fought the jock the first mile or so, until he turned her loose and by then she had worn herself out fighting the jock so she came home slow and drifted a bit and barely held off the other Assman/Winchell runner.

Expect a better run from her in the Oaks.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    We may also expect a new Jockey?
    Poor little Ricardo Santana Jr. got sideways with the Oaklawn Stewarts the last month of the meet and at last count he has some days coming---how many I'm not sure but around 15 or so ?