Stradivari

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
This one is a star in the making, he could end of being the best 3yo at the end of the year. Go watch the replays on this runner. I suggest putting this one in your stable mail.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    This one is a star in the making, he could end of being the best 3yo at the end of the year. Go watch the replays on this runner. I suggest putting this one in your stable mail.

You're usually spot on with these calls. The only one that didn't really turn out was Mean Season, but I suspect his health had more to do with that.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    I spoke with Jake, right before this last race. He stated they never could get him back to his early form and was just plagued by injuries after his layup.
    edited April 2016
    Here is the link from this past Sunday's race. It was a glorified workout and look at the final time. The final time was 2 seconds faster than the Blue Grass, I know it's a week apart, but this colt was in an canter.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/race-results?startDate=4%2F17%2F2016&endDate=4%2F17%2F2016&trackLookupId=959&type=AllowanceOptionalClaiming&statesBred=&searchStateBredPlacers=false
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2016
    I was looking at him a few months ago for Derby futures, but i saw that he had disappeared.
    edited April 2016

Just a heads up on this BEAST, Destin couldn't keep up with him this AM while working.
    edited April 2016
    Just a heads up on this BEAST, Destin couldn't keep up with him this AM while working.

Apparently word is out. Toddster's best right here.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Was reading an article on the preakness probables and in the comments several posters were backing stradivari big time, claiming he will win the last 2 legs of the triple crown. Guess the price will be low on him..
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    He's nominated for both The Peter Pan and The Preakness.
    I wonder which one he'll run in ?
    edited May 2016
    One of my wagering sites, posted odds to win The Preakness, you think Stradivari will go off at 30/1 in two weeks. This is called a HUGE over lay. I had to play it at this price!!!

May 13 TNT 2016 PREAKNESS STAKES - ODDS TO WIN
    [90283] STRADIVARI +3000 200.00 USD / 6000.00 USD 51837414
    edited May 2016
    One of my wagering sites, posted odds to win The Preakness, you think Stradivari will go off at 30/1 in two weeks. This is called a HUGE over lay. I had to play it at this price!!!

Seems like a big #. Get lucky.
    edited May 2016
    He's currently 14/1 at the Wynn.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    I saw the 30-1 yesterday
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    FB, if they decide to run in The Peter Pan, do you lose that bet?
    edited May 2016
    cinfront wrote: »
    FB, if they decide to run in The Peter Pan, do you lose that bet?

Yes, it's considered a future bet.
    edited May 2016
    I just checked tonight and they have moved it to the following below. I guess I got lucky for once if he makes into the gate. You have to be in the gate to have a shot.

90283 STRADIVARI

+800
  • insomniainsomnia Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    i just saw 10-1 at my book. bet loses if does not run. wow nice if you grabbed 30-1. i think will go off at 9-1. Thoughts?
    edited May 2016
    Still 14/1 @ Wynn. I may grab some today.
    edited May 2016
    Still 14/1 @ Wynn. I may grab some today.

10/1 @ Wynn today, hope you got down. Looks like FB got the best of it. Let's hope he gets in and runs big. Anything can happen with Mario riding.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    He's no secret!
    Steve Byk has been calling him the "Wise Guy" play, and on Bloodhorse, Steve Haskin put out a lengthy article on his connex and name, etc.

10-1 would seem about right at Post time? Laoban about 50-1!
    edited May 2016
    He can't win with this many people on him. Hope he does.
    edited May 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    10/1 @ Wynn today, hope you got down.

I passed. So yeah, he can definitely win.

In all seriousness, i do think it was a good price, and you can certainly make a case for him winning. Just really hard to see him stepping up vs. these kinds of horses (Nyquist/Exaggerator) and winning the Preakness in just his second start of the year (since returning from injury, besides).

Maybe he pulls it off, but it's hard to see happening. FWIW, i still think Songbird is the best 3yo in training. Hope all these horses stay healthy and actually get to face off in the Haskell or Travers.
    edited May 2016

Guess I would book $200 worth of 15-1, and enjoy. 8-1 ML? Lol, maybe you can book a little 10-1.
    edited May 2016
    He drew a very tough post, and will have to be the goods as they have stated about him. I hope he has a shot at the top of the lane. Probably wasted 2 CROAKERS on him, but the 30/1 sucked me in.
    edited May 2016
    I wouldn't have passed @ 30/1, that's for sure. Great number.

PS - Speaking of losing future bets at big odds, anyone like Whitmore (turning back to a sprint) on the Belmont undercard?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Currently sitting at 4-5..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Someone at Finger Lakes dropped $80,000 to win on him. Wow must be nice to drop that on a horse
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    1$ Tri box 1/3/5/11
    100p Exaggerator
    100s Strad'
    50w Cherry Wine

Winning Day To Everyone.
    edited May 2016
    Was pretty shocked at the huge win bet early today. Was also shaking my head because whoever it was could've just flown out to Vegas last week and gotten Stradivari @ 14/1 (not for the whole $80,000 of course, but still).
    edited July 2016
    He took a bad step during a workout yesterday and is suppose to go under the knife on Monday morning. They haven't stated if he will be able to run again. Only time will tell. Tough game!!!
    edited July 2016
    I just read it's career ending. Damn!!