FBWinners 142 Kentucky Derby Doings

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Below is a sample of what my current clients receive till post time of the Kentucky Derby. We have also posted our career Kentucky Derby record on our home page www.FBWinners.com, many of you are current clients and if anyone that isn't a clients please feel free to contact us anytime via email FBWinners@aol.com, as the majority of you know we only post in this forum as we have a great community and I hope our info has provided you all with some nice winners in years past.

Take Care....

4-26-16

FBWinners Derby Doings!

This has been the oddest year in many years with the workout pattern and gallops of the runners for the 142 Kentucky Derby. I’ve spoken too many that are onsite at Churchill Downs and at this time only a couple runners have worked and gallop like true Kentucky Derby win contenders. I’m also hearing from Lexington that NYQuist work was average and I know others are saying that’s what Doug wanted and it was a better work than the final time. But my contact stated to me, NYQuist doesn’t look like the same work horse that he saw in California. I will be have my eyes glued to his upcoming work this Friday at Keeneland and I hope we get to see him gallop over the Churchill main a couple days before the Derby. Below are a few runners that I will elaborate on at this time.

GUN RUNNER – We have been real high on this colt during his 3yo campaign at The Fairgrounds and he hasn’t disappointed since arriving at Churchill. He’s worked like a colt that’s improving at this right time and has been galloping real well out of his works also. The sheets don’t like him at all as he seems to slow to win this race. But one thing that is very interesting from my POV, is this connex had an agenda for this colt during his 3yo campaign and it hasn’t had a hiccup to date. He’s worked like clockwork and after each win, he was right back on the track as the races didn’t take anything out of him. Take a look at his works below since the Risen Star! He was out of the barn and back on the work tab only 9 days after the Risen Star and that was off a very long layoff and once again 9 days back on the work tab after an explosive performance in the La. Derby. He’s kept a 7 day work schedule like clockwork and he has had 4 works over the CH main since the La. Derby and his last two have been very good!! I can tell you one thing for sure, his last coming next week should be around 5F 1:01 or 1:02 as Steve tightened the screws this week and his last work before a race is strictly a maintenance work. But if Gun Runner for some reason works faster than the times listed above, you better start paying attention to this colt as the Kentucky Derby will be his 3rd start off the layoff which usually is the PEAK EFFORT!!!

GUN RUNNER

Feb. 20, Raced Risen Star

Feb. 29, 1:02.80 B 15/15 at FG

March 7, 1:01.20 B 5/29 at FG

March 14, 1:00.60 B 1/34 at FG

March 21, 50.80 B 41/56 at FG

March 26, Raced Louisiana Derby

April 4, 50.60 B 16/19 at CD

April 11, 1.01:00 B 5/12 at CD

April 18, 1.00:00 B 1/16 at CD

SPLITS - Gun Runner 5F 1:00 w/ Gold Hawk. Start 1 back, finish 2 in front. 12.80, 24.40, 36.40, 48. Out 1:13.20

April 25, 1:12.20 B 1/2 at CD

SPLITS - Churchill Downs clockers timed the six-furlong work in 1:12.20 (1/2), breezing. Internal fractions were 12.40, 24.60, 36.40, 48.20 and 59.80, and the gallop-out went seven furlongs in 1:25.00 and a mile in 1:39.00

MO TOM – We all know how bad he was ridden in his last two races (Risen Star / La. Derby), but this connex has decided to stick with Corey L once again. What a meet Corey is having at Keeneland, as he’s the leading rider at this time. I have been told by many at CH, that Mo Tom has been galloping better than any other horse at Churchill. He’s worked twice over the surface since the La. Derby and the media and so called experts haven’t mentioned much about him at all. His work on the 13th of April really went unnoticed. I was also told via this connex as I have a connection that’s part of the team, Amoss has stated he’s not working Mo Tom any further than 4F as he doesn’t need a longer work as he gallops like a BEAST!!! He gets more out of his gallops than a full work at 5F or 6F. Take a look at how strong his past two works have been since the La. Derby and it’s been real quiet from the experts in the industry on this colt.

MO TOM

March 26, Raced Louisiana Derby

April 13, 48:40 B 6/31 at CD

SPLITS - Churchill Downs clockers caught the son of Uncle Mo in eighth-mile splits of :12.40, :24.20 and :36.20 before galloping out six furlongs in 1:14.20 and seven furlongs in 1:27.40 under exercise rider Mario Garcia.

April 20, 47:00 B 2/27 at CD

SPLITS - Mo Tom 4F in 47. Splits 11.60, 23, 34.80. Galloped out 59.80, 112.40, 126.20 & up 1 mile in 1:42 – THIS IS A SERIOUS WORK!!!

MOR SPIRIT – He made all the headlines today as Baffert called an audible and worked him over the CH main. They stated his work was good and it’s what they wanted. I call B.S. on that, what needs to be mentioned was he worked in BLINKERS and that’s where the speed came from today. He was a very lazy work horse earlier this year and I don’t like to see a trainer tinkering this late in the game. They realize the pace will weak up front and they want this colt to be laying closer than in his last two races in CALI!! I can say one thing, if this one wins I will be very shocked!!! This isn’t the type of work that wins the Ky. Derby. If they run with the hood, he could run off on Gary when the gates pop!! He never really could extend any distance on Jimbo Fallon which is a maiden. Watch for him in the entry box opening week!! He looked as good as Mor Spirit!!

SPLITS - Mor Spirit outside Jimbo Fallon 5F :59.80 from 4 1/2 F pole. Splits: 11.40, 22.40, 34.20, 46. Out 1:13.20 & 1:27

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Kenny, as always thanks for the info! Indeed, a strange year to dissect. In my eyes Nyquist is vulnerable favorite. The tri's and s
    supes have a chance to pay stacks! A info is greatly appreciated! I enjoy following you on Twitter as well, take care.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    I hate the games with Mor Spirit, too. And IMO his work sucked. But I still have to toss him in everything.