Assman's World

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
On Arkansas Derby Day at Oaklawn Park this year, the gentleman who has the table next to me and is a very astute horseman and handicapper(big $$$), made the following observations and comments:

"John, its the ASSMAN'S WORLD and we are just lucky to live in it
and gamble on it!"

That said, and subject to post draw problems, I'm playing an all Assman Oaks/Derby Double!

Remember that there are 3 or 4 people who won big the year they got into HOF!

Oaks runners Terra Promessa and Taxable showed their stuff in the Fantasy and now Assman has them under wraps for the next big move. Nickname and Royal Obsession can't be ignored and word out on Royal Obsession is all good!

Derby I'll take a shot with Creator and Gun Runner. Word from Louisville on both of these is all good and they should compliment each other. Creator will come from the clouds and that is never easy against 19 other horses, but if he runs the race he did at Oaklawn Park, he will be flyin by so many so fast that he will make his own path. Gun Runner is just a solid horse who has grit and determination and speed too! I see Gun Runner and Whitmore making big moves as they sit in the second pack going into the final turn. I think one of these is your Derby Winner, and I'm backing up my play with an all Oaklawn Park Exacta using Creator/Whitmore and Suddenbreakingnews.

All this subject to the draw?