CD Mudder play--Saturday Night

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 3
$50k clm going 7f

Anyone remember PAGANOL?

He was one that we were touting two years ago when he broke into the game under the care of Cody Autrey. Broke maiden easily and Cody threw him into the Southwest against the likes of Tapiture, Strong Mandate and Ride On Curlin. He came out of that race with chips and went to the sidelines. Came back about a year later under the care of Chris Hartman and resumed his winning ways. Looked very good so Hartman sent him in the Foster last June and once again, came out of the Foster with chips. Has not raced since but he was on a regular work pattern this spring at Oaklawn Park and Hartman couldn't find a race that fit--either too long or too short. Tonight he lands in a soft $50k clm going 7f and the track at CD should resemble an Artesian Well erupting from a south Louisiana rice field. Paganol's off-track history is without question.

Many of you are like I used to be---don't play a horse first-time off the long lay-off---but I've been burned on that angle so many times that I have changed my position on that angle.

Expect Paganol to bust out on top and never see a single clot of mud as he rattles off 22/45/1:09 and cruises to a w2w victory. ML of 5/2 ain't great but a winner is a winner!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    The Boyz just heard that Baffert may sct Toews On Ice from the 7th feature tonight?
    As you know, I was big on him earlier in the year but he threw in a stinker at OP in January in the Smarty Jones as the even money favorite. Came back to Calif and had a hoof problem that has kept him out of action, although he has some bullet works recently. I hope he stays in because its only a 5 horse field now and I was going to use #3 Patton Proud at 4-1.

The Assman has a lot of good ones and Patton Proud is another that has been brought along slowly. He spent the winter at FG but was brought to OP in April on the Count Fleet undercard. Blinkers on, he ripped along to finish in very good time, 1:10, and one race later Subtle Indian came home in 1:08.4 and there is no Subtle Indian in this race tonight! Food for thought?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Race 3
    $50k clm going 7f

Anyone remember PAGANOL?

He was one that we were touting two years ago when he broke into the game under the care of Cody Autrey. Broke maiden easily and Cody threw him into the Southwest against the likes of Tapiture, Strong Mandate and Ride On Curlin. He came out of that race with chips and went to the sidelines. Came back about a year later under the care of Chris Hartman and resumed his winning ways. Looked very good so Hartman sent him in the Foster last June and once again, came out of the Foster with chips. Has not raced since but he was on a regular work pattern this spring at Oaklawn Park and Hartman couldn't find a race that fit--either too long or too short. Tonight he lands in a soft $50k clm going 7f and the track at CD should resemble an Artesian Well erupting from a south Louisiana rice field. Paganol's off-track history is without question.

Many of you are like I used to be---don't play a horse first-time off the long lay-off---but I've been burned on that angle so many times that I have changed my position on that angle.

Expect Paganol to bust out on top and never see a single clot of mud as he rattles off 22/45/1:09 and cruises to a w2w victory. ML of 5/2 ain't great but a winner is a winner!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Was sweating out an 8k pick 5er @ Los Al and I forgot to bet your nag. Nice score, good day all around.
    edited May 2016
    The Boyz just heard that Baffert may sct Toews On Ice from the 7th feature tonight?
    As you know, I was big on him earlier in the year but he threw in a stinker at OP in January in the Smarty Jones as the even money favorite. Came back to Calif and had a hoof problem that has kept him out of action, although he has some bullet works recently. I hope he stays in because its only a 5 horse field now and I was going to use #3 Patton Proud at 4-1.

The Assman has a lot of good ones and Patton Proud is another that has been brought along slowly. He spent the winter at FG but was brought to OP in April on the Count Fleet undercard. Blinkers on, he ripped along to finish in very good time, 1:10, and one race later Subtle Indian came home in 1:08.4 and there is no Subtle Indian in this race tonight! Food for thought?

The Baffert in the 5th today at Los al has been giving Toews all he can handle in the mornings according to Harrington. It's a state bred maiden, so let's hope he can get it done.
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Lots of money on #4 for Puype the P3 and P4 will pays, going to box him with the Baffert for an exacta.
    edited May 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    The Baffert in the 5th today at Los al has been giving Toews all he can handle in the mornings according to Harrington. It's a state bred maiden, so let's hope he can get it done.

I don't often bet even money, but when I do it's nice to win like this.
    edited May 2016
    Fucker paid even $ to place. Lol.
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for the head's up! I hadn't played shit all day and needed some action. The BB/Bejarano play yesterday along with the Assman dfl runner at CD left me with a little to do, but my big play on Paganol paid nicely!
    WTF with $4.00 place? and $4.20 on the nose? Must be some Los Al sneaky shit?
    edited June 2016
    Paganol is back Friday race 8.
    #9 6-1

Nice win in his first back off layoff and he is likely to move forward off that effort. But this group of $65k claimers is a little more salty than what he faced in last. However, Paganol came out of the last race in good order as is evidenced by bullet work last week. I'm going right back to the well and using him in a wps and ex bx 2--6--9.