Derby undercard play

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill - Race 3

#7 Jazzy Times (3/1 ml)

Worked the fastest quarter (:20 3/5) at the March Ocala sale, then more recently worked heads-up from the gate (a bullet in 1:11 flat) with undefeated barnmate Justin Squared, who came out of that drill to win an allowance race (in 1:08 2/5) a week later. Most recently appears to have outworked a multiple stakes-placed barnmate (Family Tree) at Churchill. Also of note, Baffert tends to work his good ones 7 furlongs, and this guy has a 7-furlong drill showing back in late March. Looks set to roll here, as far as i can tell.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    JAZZY TIMES
    Big drill on the 14th with multiple winner Justin Squared, another big move on 4/3 with American Freedom. Fast, strong and mega fit. Grade: B+

From the master.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Unaware he also worked with American Freedom. Thanks.
    edited May 2016
    I hadn't even realized that Family Tree came out of that drill to win an allowance race @ Churchill yesterday (by 3+ lengths). The news keeps getting better and better.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    What about #10 Jimbo Fallon?
    Owned by Mrs. Baffert and been off for over one year. I remember Dirty saying he had been out working somebody? Javier on Jazzy vs. David Lopez on Jimbo----I'll go with Jazzy and the Assman runner on the outside, #11 Grand Candy is lightly raced and his last was a better than looks 2nd or 3rd?
    I'll jump start the day with a Ex Bx 7--10--11
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Also in Race 3, you have an Uncle Mo FTS #6, Divisive. 20-1 ML trained by Ben Colebrook. Use underneath the 7 and 11
    BTW, Colebrook's only horse yesterday in Race 12, got nipped at the wire at 20-1
    edited May 2016
    Frank Miramahdi is ALL over jazzy.

Worse than Brad Free.
    edited May 2016
    Can't take this ride. Have a $1 pick 3 to him though...
    edited May 2016
    Good call.
    edited May 2016
    Jazzy Times wins @ $5.00 :toast:
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Nice call at a good price.
    edited May 2016
    Hey, am I looking at the wrong thing, or is the 7 horse (15-1 shot kathballu) absolutely crushed in the pick 3? Like almost the favorite...