Post Derby Thoughts

shh10shh10 Senior Member
edited May 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Quick musings on 142:

1. Nyquist is a great horse and ran a great race. Can't take that away from him.
2. When the downpour happened, how many of us quickly rethought our picks?
3. I cant see anyone in the Derby challenging him in the Preakness, so let's see the fresh horses line up.
4. Speaking of fresh, FB brought Stradavari to our attention . . . maybe, just maybe.
5. Baffert will do anything to ensure Nyquist isn't a TC winner . . .
6. If, and big IF, Nyquist does run the table and the TC, let the comparison begin, but no sooner.
7. Lani, yes i have to bring him up, finished in the top half of the field . . . respectable, but to quote one wise sage "Lani might run, might sulk. Probably run, but not fast enough" . . . I'll listen next time Dirty.
8. Enjoyed reading w2w tearing it up in the early undercard.
9. Missed seeing Flyinlate's picks this year. Great capper with solid analysis.
10. Big congrats to rayphil and FB for hitting the "Mothers Day Motherlode". As much as I had on Gun Runner and wanting a GR/SBN exacta I could help rooting for Nyquist after seeing rayphil's P5 post!
11. I also couldn't help but see the irony in sponsorship in races 11 and 12 (Woodford Reserve and Yum). Subliminal messaging at its best.
12. Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's - those still with us and those we dearly miss!

Comments

• stevef22stevef22 Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    What Mother's Day lode did FB hit?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    He, along with rayphil, hit the P5 yesterday for $24K.