Alsvid in Aristides--CD Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill Downs Race 10---5:21 EDT
6f $100k

#5 ALSVID, 3-1
OK, he is not the horse he once was, but you can expect a little fall off at age 7. Nevertheless, he is still a hard nosed runner who will give you his all every time out, and he's been out 41 times!
Lately, Alsvid has been in a seconditis funk and I expect that to continue today. The question is, who will prevail?

#1 Toews On Ice, 8-1, will show speed from rail and his last out win was over a wet CD track, much like he'll get today. His works at CD have been on point and he will be a gate-to-wire threat. Problem is he won't be alone out in front.

#3 Limousine Liberal, 7/5, is a serious 6f runner who is best form of his career. Not much off-track work to go on but he has a good mud pedigree. Should be the heavy favorite but wet track is a question?

#4 Union Jackson, 3-1, seems to just be a notch below the other top 3 and 3-1 ml is way to short to take the chance that he improves that much today.

Toews and Limousine will battle each other on the front with possible other cheap speed. Alsvid will sit just a few lengths back probably in tandem with Union Jackson. Either Toews or Limousine will step up today and prevail, with the other folding late and giving up 2nd to Alsvid, who will once again run a very good 2nd. Union Jackson could run on good enough to get 3rd?

I'm going to throw a couple of dollars into a $50 tri as follows:

1/3---5---1/3/4.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Should have looked before I posted---#1 Toews is Sct. Tote will be even more off than it already was in a short field. Fuck It! I'll just put a $200 straight trifecta 3--5--4.