Churchill Saturday Twilight Racing Spots

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Not quite as impressive as last weeks Belmont card, but nevertheless a pretty good night of racing and some money to be made?

Race 2
allow opt clm
#3 Tessa's Treat, 5/2 and #6 Ivy Belle, 3-1 should have their way with this group. Trifecta and Superfecta play 3/6--3/6--1/2/4--1/2/4

Race 4
Trainer Brad Cox thinks his runner is the fastest horse he's ever trained. Only one start last summer at Ellis but has a string of super works leading up to this race. #4 Enduring Warrior, 6-1, will be fast but stamina will be a question? #8 Conquest Streetwar, 9/2, seems to be a good horse who just doesn't want to win. #9 Swordfish, 8-1, is a $330k purchase for Winchell/Assman and his 5f gate works at Indiana Grand would seem to signal some talent.
Exacta Box 4--8--9

Race 5
Matt Winn Stakes
Gunrunner is 3/5 and will probably go off at 1/5. Looking for some who will finish up exotic bets--
#6 Texas Chrome, had a busy 2yo career and came back to run in Oaklawn Bachelor Stakes where he was a decent 3rd. Went to Lone Star where he demolished a field of nags by over 10 lengths but the time was not exactly one that instills confidence, Yet, he may be in good enough shape to hang in there and hit the board, and I like him better than the overrated Roman's nag, #7 Unbridled Outlaw, who was never as good as Romans thought he would be.
Exacta and Trifecta Key Gunrunner over 6/7.

Race 6
Fleur de Lis hdc
I will not try to beat Untapable, but many will given her dismal record of late. If I can get even money on this girl I will run, not walk to the windows, and load up. Anything less than 4/5 and I'll sit it out!

Race 8
Stephen Foster
#3 Effinex is a serious racehorse and he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Getting beat by American Pharoah by a few lengths is no disgrace and his run in the Oaklawn Hdc was very good. Again, if I can get even money I'm all in!

Race 7 is the one with The Pizza Man and to me, Pizza Man is a play against. This is just a prep for his annual run at the Arlington Millions money and I hate playing a short horse with sights set on future racing.

Race 9
Regret Stakes
Don't Regret not putting a $2 wps on #9 FUHRIOUSLY KISSED, 50-1, YES 50-1!
She is bred to love the turf and sneaky ass Red Dog has her going long in her works leading up to this first Stakes try after bringing her along slowly and carefully on OP and CD dirt, where she scored her maiden breaker last out in a better than it looks win. I absolutely love Mike Battaglias morning lines as this daughter of Langhfur/French Kiss by Hessionette will strut her stuff over the weeds!

I expect to have some good info on a few cheap claimers running on Sunday--Stay tuned!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!