Santa Anita play for Saturday (6/25)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Chasing Aces (6/1 ml)

2yo firster for Peter Miller worked heads-up twice in a row from the gate (under a different name, Chillin Chase) with yesterday's impressive gate-to-wire winner Chalon, who paid $20.00 to win when beating the overwhelming favorite Unique Bella.

I'm sure part of the reason she paid 9/1 is that Miller had been training her down @ San Luis Rey (meaning no workout reports). Hopefully that'll cause an inflated price here as well.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Chasing Aces (6/1 ml)

2yo firster for Peter Miller worked heads-up twice in a row from the gate (under a different name, Chillin Chase) with yesterday's impressive gate-to-wire winner Chalon, who paid $20.00 to win when beating the overwhelming favorite Unique Bella.

I'm sure part of the reason she paid 9/1 is that Miller had been training her down @ San Luis Rey (meaning no workout reports). Hopefully that'll cause an inflated price here as well.

Thanks. The name change is one of my favorite angles. Couldn't have picked a tougher debut spot though.
    edited June 2016
    Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Chasing Aces (6/1 ml)

First thing I heard from the valet when I walked in the track his AM. Said not only did he outwork the other horse, it was a joke. Fingers crossed we get a price.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2016
    I believe he worked the fastest quarter at the Barrett's sale, too (20 4/5)

What's the deal with the valet? He just starts throwing picks at you when you get out of the car?
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm all in on the #6 horse 8th race. Lock o d'day. Good luck!
    edited June 2016
    Good luck, Noble.
    edited June 2016
    I believe he worked the fastest quarter at the Barrett's sale, too (20 4/5)

What's the deal with the valet? He just starts throwing picks at you when you get out of the car?

Lol. We're buddies, I spend enough time here. They're just passing on the bullshit. Doesn't mean anything.
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Couldn't have asked for a better trip just got beat.
    edited June 2016
    Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Chasing Aces (6/1 ml)

Such good info, best horse, I mean a real standout in the paddock. Step slow and a bit timid in the turn, but Mikey really knows how to put the moves on a jackass like Fernando Perez. When the horse walked by us on the way over, Mr. Spawr looked up and smiled at me because he knew I had HUGE double. Oh well. That's racing.
    edited June 2016
    Yeah. I think if he was on the outside there he probably wins. Not an optimal trip, that's for sure.

He got bet pretty hard too. I wasn't upset with 9/2, but i was definitely expecting higher. I thought maybe even double digits, with all the flashy competition in there.

Here's the replay:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/SA/2016/6/25/4/race-4-msw-at-sa-on-6-25-16
    edited July 2016
    Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Chasing Aces (6/1 ml)

Back in Sunday. Hate that Tyler is up.
    edited July 2016
    Yeah. He won't be 9/2 this time though. :yelling:
    edited July 2016
    Yeah. He won't be 9/2 this time though. :yelling:

We got fucked so bad first out. Anyways, easy single, but not bet @ 4/5 today.
    edited July 2016
    Oh for fucks sake he broke the 40 year old track record... Fernando Perez fucked us, period.
    edited July 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Oh for fucks sake he broke the 40 year old track record... Fernando Perez fucked us, period.

Ran a 101 Beyer. This early. For fucks sake we got robbed, I can't get over it. Silver Assault will be overbet for sure. Probably get beat by this one anyways.
    edited August 2016
    Excavator, 4th in Klimnt's race goes in a few...
    edited August 2016
    Along with straight fire, who was 5 back of our hero...
    edited August 2016
    Along with straight fire, who was 5 back of our hero...

How Chasin Aces lost that first race, I don't know...
    edited August 2016
    How Chasin Aces lost that first race, I don't know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmFwKH5bVY