Early Look-Saturday @ Belmont

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
OH BABY! What a day of racing, and its not even the Spa!
There are a couple I'm eying and will probably make a wager or two?
As Warren Oates said to Bill Holden in the Wild Bunch "WHY NOT!"

Race 1
msw 2yo 6f $85k
I know Shug has a horrible first out percentage, but he has one going that word is out down in Arkansas.
#6 ALTITO, 4-1
Owned by Arkie big shot John Ed Anthony and he paid around $280 for this son of Bernardini out of a Summer Squall mare. For the past few years John Ed has had McPeek training most of his stable but that connection seems to have cooled in the past year? Whatever, Shug has this one and word from Hot Springs is that he has a very quick turn of hoof and looks great. His works at Fair Hill were very impressive and word is he just may have enough raw talent to overcome Shug's conservative early training hold backs? Shuf would be better off sleeping this race off at that tittie bar where FB last saw him! Lil Ortiz gets the mount and I think he will be overlooked on the tote, maybe 8-1 or so?

Race 7
Dwyer Stakes GIII 3yo one mile $500k
It's his race to lose, and #6 Economic Model will get crushed at the windows. He is opening up at 1/1.
I'm going to pull out my voodoo doll and take a curse play with #4 LAOBAN, 7/2.
Yeah, I know Erick Guillot is a crazy fuck and all, but Dirty went on and on about how good Laoban looked when he was out West. Angel must think so too, as he puts Johnny V in the saddle. I'm sticking pins in my doll now and going wps on the play!

Race 9
Suburban GII $500k 1 1/4
Inconsistent field who run their butts off or don't fire. I'm guessing that Effinex will run better than in his last? However, I really like #2 MUBTAAHIJ, 7/2, as he gets lasix first time and Kiaran goes to his main man Irad.
Hunch play, Trifecta 2/5--2/5--1/3/4
the 1,3,4 are the usual suspects of Noble Bird, Shaman Ghost, and Eagle. That Shaman Ghost could be a sleeper in here for Jerkens?

Race 10 OAKS 1 1/4 turf 3yo fillies 1 mill purse
The Euro's are coming in hard for this kind of Money. Fuck Em, I'm going with the local gal who all she does is win races!
#4 TIME AND MOTION, 6-1
homebred Darby Dan filly by Tapit and a Kris S. mare will be placed in a up front position and try to hold off the Euro's predictable late rally. Again, Johnny V. gets on and he is still as good as any at putting a horse in a good position. Jimmy Toner and the Phillips crew like her alot!

It's still early---WHO DO YOU LIKE???

Comments

• cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Hey John,
    The Horse I like, on Sat. @Belmont, is Call Provisions. By Lemondropkid out of a Dynaformer Mare and is also being ridden by Johnny V.
    That's in the 8th #12 @10-1 ml.

There's a Fillie running in The Dalware Oaks who I like for the honors.
    R10 #4 Dark Nile....Delacour always has them ready to fire. He has a couple of others which will get a WPS wager from me.
    Good Luck and May the Horse Be With You....
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Catch a glimpse is a toss at 10f right???also think private zone will be extra cranked..
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I can't figure out that first race, but might lean (respectfully) towards the other Ortiz.

I like Swipe in the 7th and hope the added weight on Economic Model helps.

Good luck!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    rayphil wrote: »
    Catch a glimpse is a toss at 10f right???also think private zone will be extra cranked..

If Catch A Glimpse beats these coming out of the 12 hole I will be dead wrong about her and will be ready to proclaim her the best filly running today! OK, she is 7 for 8 and 4 for 4 this year, but she has never gone beyond 1 1/16 and she likes to be up front. I just think she will have to use a lot of energy early to get position from the outside and that will hurt her chances in the end?
    If you look at the Breeder's Cup effort, Catch A Glimpse had a dream trip and Time And Motion came from post 15 and was coming late to just miss by not much and if Time And Motion had a better post I believe she would have won the BC race?
    edited July 2016
    Only thing is John, that damn turf course is so quick and favors speed..I'm about to go get my form..picks will come later..
    edited July 2016
    Everyone may think I'm a little crazy but I think aqua phobia has a huge shot in the derby tomorrow at 20-1...jersey Joe comes right back with him..
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Rayphil I don't think your crazy..... R8 #11 Aquaphobia is Trainer Delacour's, who I mentioned, has Few horses running today. They'll get a WPS wager from me... But my puppy in that race is Call Provision.
    Good Luck and May the Horse Be With You.....
  • SARATOGATESARATOGATE Member
    edited July 2016
    i like surgical strike in the 8th
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Going with Rosario in the nightcap.
    edited July 2016
    At SA,race 6 #5 Runaway Wildcat.
    edited July 2016
    Both ran backwards to finish dead last:idoit:.Hope you guys had better luck.Couldn't have been worse than mine.