Two plays for Opening Day @ Del Mar

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Belmont - Race 6

#3 Butler Field (5/1 ml)

Pricey yearling purchase for Chad Brown comes into his debut today off a heads-up drill with barnmate Connect, who is 2-for-2 this year including an allowance win in extremely fast time (1:40 flat). If that weren't nice enough, Butler Field also recently worked twice in a row with Bobby on Fleek, who came out of those drills to win his debut by 6 lengths last week. Brown's top rider Castellano gets the call here, and it's very clear they mean business today. Strong opinion.

Del Mar - Race 9

#5 Dr. Door (7/2 ml)

Family-owned comebacker for Baffert outworked today's Oceanside Stakes favorite Moonlight Drive last time out, and also worked heads-up with the older graded stakes runner Hoppertunity a few weeks back. Yes please.

HRT record:

96 for 361 (27%)

$822.40 mutuels ($8.57 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Sounds good.
    edited July 2016
    Belmont - Race 6

#3 Butler Field (5/1 ml)

Pricey yearling purchase for Chad Brown comes into his debut today off a heads-up drill with barnmate Connect, who is 2-for-2 this year including an allowance win in extremely fast time (1:40 flat). If that weren't nice enough, Butler Field also recently worked twice in a row with Bobby on Fleek, who came out of those drills to win his debut by 6 lengths last week. Brown's top rider Castellano gets the call here, and it's very clear they mean business today. Strong opinion.

Del Mar - Race 9

#5 Dr. Door (7/2 ml)

Family-owned comebacker for Baffert outworked today's Oceanside Stakes favorite Moonlight Drive last time out, and also worked heads-up with the older graded stakes runner Hoppertunity a few weeks back. Yes please.

HRT record:

96 for 361 (27%)

$822.40 mutuels ($8.57 avg)

Well regardless, good info. I'm have a stack of P3's. He's the favorite there too. Thanks.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Lost the race at the break.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I sure didn't expect to see Butler Fields break like he did(just horrible) with his trainer and jockey combo. He sure burned a lot of money, including mine!

I put together a cheap pick 4 ticket at Del Mar. I didn't single Dr. Door but I did the Baffert turf Euro.

7th---3/6/7
    8th---2 the BB Euro
    9th---5/8/10
    10th--5/6
    edited July 2016
    Lost the race at the break.

He tossed Javier in the gate, and looked very wound up. Ran very greenly in spots, even looked a little jumpy and never leveled out. Try again at 5-1 during the SPA.
    edited July 2016
    No excuse for Dr. Door. Broke a little slow, but he wasn't gonna win anyway. Ran awful.
    edited July 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    He tossed Javier in the gate, and looked very wound up. Ran very greenly in spots, even looked a little jumpy and never leveled out. Try again at 5-1 during the SPA.

Yeah, I saw that he inseated Javier in the gate. I thought they were gonna back him out and look at him, but they never did. I was praying he wouldn't break slow; but of course he did. You could see it coming. I agree he's live next out (hopefully on dirt). Plan to back him again unless something else really jumps out at me.
    edited July 2016
    No excuse for Dr. Door. Broke a little slow, but he wasn't gonna win anyway. Ran awful.

Yeah, I thought he was gonna be shorter price, too. Had the rest of p4, too. Fuck.
    edited August 2016
    Butler Field is entered back tomorrow @ the Spa.