Indiana Derby play

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Indiana Grand - Race 9

#11 Cupid (3/1)

All we really need to know here (i think) is whether Cupid is healthy and ready to run. I'm encouraged that Baffert shipped him halfway across the country for this, because I think that shows some confidence (after such a piss-poor race last time out), but I'm even more encouraged that Cupid recently worked heads-up (in 1:11 1/5) with Dortmund. You have to like that. I also think we'll get a playable price here, as I suspect Cherry Wine may go favored. Fwiw, I kinda like #5 The Player for second, though he'll be making his two-turn debut here.

HRT record:

96 for 364 (26%)

$822.40 mutuels ($8.57 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Biggest tell for me is Rafa taking off a full day to ride. I know he's Baffert's first call, and maybe he got extorted into it, but he's a very locally minded jock.

Not sure we'll get the 5/2 I would need to bet.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Biggest tell for me is Rafa taking off a full day to ride. I know he's Baffert's first call, and maybe he got extorted into it, but he's a very locally minded jock.

Not sure we'll get the 5/2 I would need to bet.

Rafael pretty good. Lol @ the PA guy playing "running on empty" after, I thought it looked like he could go around again...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Cupid wins @ $5.40, with The Player running second.

The $2 exacta paid $44.80!

be38fd7ebe8095b520a432b5f4022ce9.jpg
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Nice selection DC..