Del Mar One Ride Wonders--Wednesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
I don't know , but if I were either Mike Smith or Gary Stevens and I only had one stinkin mount on the whole day's card, I don't know, but I might just call it in and spend the afternoon at one of those 6th Street Old Town bars watching the girls go by, or better yet, head East out of Del Mar and go up the mountain to The La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla and put down a few Planter's Punch and watch the girls prance around the pool! You Think!
But NO, these old geezers think they are on live mounts and so off they go to ride in only one race. I get the feeling they may have live horses?

Race 5
Gary Stevens rides #3 ACT for the Peter Eurton barn. 5/2 ml but could drift up? This expensive well bred pony has been off at times for well close to two years but has come back lately to look pretty good. At one time he was in Sadler barn and well thought of. It looks like he may have found his form after years of injuries?

Race 7
Mike Smith takes the mount for Baffert on #2 Pretty N Cool, 3-1 ml.
She should be in good position turning for home just off the speedy #6 with Espinosa on board and Smith will be using some old fashioned encouragement to get home first! This race looks like it will be a Ding-Dong finish between 2/6? I'm going with the rider with only one freakin mount!

Real technical handicapping, huh?

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Pretty n Cool's last work was pretty n cool. Dusted off a 2yo who was all out, that horse came back to win (for oneill maybe?)
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Pretty and fucking cool. Hit pick 4 2x. Que paso Mario.