2016 Spa Spot Plays

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Good luck to all for this years 2016 Spa meet. May the horses bet with you!!

Best...

RACE 6 - #4 - LA CORONEL - W/P - Was a big money burner 1st out at CH, as he was bet down to 2/5. Look for a huge improvement today with the Frogman in the irons.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Note: if La Coronel wins here, he recently worked a heads-up bullet with Our Stormin Norman, who is entered tomorrow.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    DAY 2 AT THE SPA

RACE 5 - #10 - CORT - W/P - This one on my speed #'s is the lone speed of the field, his 2F speed number should have him up by 2-3 lenghts from the break, if Gab Saez can ration his speed for the next 2F we should have plenty left in the tank to the wire.
    edited July 2016
    Good luck FB.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    taking a complete shot in the dark, betting against the fav miss temple city.. going with jockeys here, 4,6,7/1,2,4,6,7/1,2,4,6,7/1,2,4,6,7 tri and super..
    edited July 2016
    DAY 3

RACE 11 - #3 - BANKERS HOLIDAY - W/P/S - Joe has this one ready to fire down the lane today. This one is about to get good!!
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Delacour has one right now R7 #4 Playing a 20 DD with Song Bird a $2 cover with the rest.
    edited July 2016
    RACE 9 - #7 - REQUITE (12/1) - WPS - I can tell you one thing his ML is WAY OFF, he'll open up around 4/1. We've cashed on this runner since his 1st start at the Spa last year and was on his off the layoff in his last race. He's been pointed for this race by his connex all year long. He's a very quality runner as you can see by his career mark 6 - 4 - 1 -0, the only thing that has held this one back is nagging issues. That's behind him and today he back over a surface he really loves. Let's hope we can get 4/1 when the gate breaks.

NOTE: I appreciate all the get well emails for my daughter from you all, it's been a trying two weeks. She came home on yesterday and is doing much better at this moment. She contracted a bacteria from somewhere and we still cannot pinpoint it. But she's on the road to recovery after a very serious and scary situation.
    edited July 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    RACE 9 - #7 - REQUITE (12/1) - WPS - I can tell you one thing his ML is WAY OFF, he'll open up around 4/1. We've cashed on this runner since his 1st start at the Spa last year and was on his off the layoff in his last race. He's been pointed for this race by his connex all year long. He's a very quality runner as you can see by his career mark 6 - 4 - 1 -0, the only thing that has held this one back is nagging issues. That's behind him and today he back over a surface he really loves. Let's hope we can get 4/1 when the gate breaks.

NOTE: I appreciate all the get well emails for my daughter from you all, it's been a trying two weeks. She came home on yesterday and is doing much better at this moment. She contracted a bacteria from somewhere and we still cannot pinpoint it. But she's on the road to recovery after a very serious and scary situation.

Two years ago, actually. I remember him well.

http://www.horseracingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18240&highlight=Requite

Good luck with him today!

PS - I must've missed the post about your daughter. So sorry to hear about that. Sounds like she's on an upward tick though. Thank goodness. Thoughts and prayers.
    edited August 2016
    SARATOGA

RACE 3 - #7 - TIZWAY THAT WAY - (6/1) - WPS - I've had many nice scores on this angle, and that's1st time dirt. This one has two races under her belt and Geroux in the irons, should translate to a big run down the lane.
    edited August 2016
    SARATOGA

RACE 6 - #5 - MOTOWN SOUND - (15/1) - WPS - Let's take a look at this one, Richard V. is a very solid conditioner and he likes to win. This one ran 1st out going 8F at Big Sandy and it was strictly a education race as the post was horrible 11/12 and showed no action at the window as he went off at almost 28/1!! Then he was laid up 8 moths and Richard brings him back going even longer and take notice he was 2nd choice that day at 5/2!! He showed nothing 1st out and was off an 8 month layoff and was bet down. Well all he really did was split the field. Now today he shows back up at the Spa and is listed at a big # and also will be donning the hood for the 1st time. Look for a big run from this one today at a nice price as well.
    edited August 2016
    SARATOGA

RACE 4 - #1 - KNIGHTS SKY - (12/1) - WPS - This one was bet down 1st out and won after breaking horrible and after that race has been on the shelf. He has been working very well of late over the Spa main, his last work in 59 is a sign this one is ready to fire. This one has much more upside than the remainder of the field. I was high on TAP (#6 NEOLITHIC) after his maiden win at Gulfstream!, I suggest to play and exacta KEY with 1/6 over all.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    When he ran his debut at Cd he was under the care of Steve Hobby. Lieblong was excited about his 3yo season at Oaklawn but shins and cracked hoof kept him in the stall. Hobby not sending any horses to Spa so Lieblong went to the Arkie Golden Boy, Ronnie Moquett, who seems to be getting very good stock.
    In the 6th, DC liked the other Lieblong/Moquett entry who didn't draw in. Rockshaw. However, word from Moquett barn is that there are two firsters in that race who look very good in the mornings.
    #5 Culrout, 8-1 and
    #9 Lenstar, 15-1, who is a Shackleford 2yo who is supposed to be a good looking baby with long legs and a light frame. With Nick Zito, so he may need a race or two?
    edited August 2016
    SPA - 8-11-16

RACE 7 - #5 - A TRIP TO LOURDES - 12/1 - WPS - This is a piss poor filed of runners, you have Kimmel wheeling back in 8 days and he's also shedding the hood. This is a sign of a live runner, that's only running 2nd out with a big equipment change. He really could wake up without the hood today.
    edited August 2016
    SAP 8-13-16

RACE 3 - #6 - ROYAL COPY - 4/1 - WP - We were on him for his Spa debut and he ran very well, today will be the day he gets his graduation cap. Look for Saez to put him on the lead when the gates pop.
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-14-16

RACE 4 - #8 - TORRENT - 6/1 - WPS - His 1st outing was really and education and now today he's ready to show his true self. He has the open outside post and his site liked the mud as well.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Note that Race 6 today has the same condition as race 4, 2yo fillies going 6 1/2, and that the same connex that have TORRENT also have in the 6th, #3 DRIP BREW, 4-1, except Santana goes with the Assman runner but it doesn't hurt my feelings at all that Moquett gets Jose Ortiz to ride this firster. Word from Moquett barn is that Drip Brew came alive down at CD and earned this debut at the Spa. They expect a very honest showing but no word on how Drip Brew will take to a muddy track? This horse has all the signs of a sneaky firster who will be a major player at a decent price!
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-15-16

RACE 8 - #5 - DAISY CUTTER - 6/1 - WPS - First off this is an wide open race. This one ran a much better than looks effort off the 4 month layoff. Linda knows how to spot her horses in the right spots and my speed #'s show a huge effort today with Jose in the irons. I don't think we get the ML.
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-17-16

RACE 7 - #10 - DR. DORR - 10/1 - WPS - Really how often do you see a Bob Baffert runner on a weekday in a non stakes race?? Also take note of the BLAZING gate work with Joel in the irons as well that morning. We won't get the price of the ML but we will cash the ticket as this one leads from the break, can you say SPEED POP!!
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-18-16

RACE 7 - #2 - NOT TAKES - 12/1 - WPS - I see a big race coming from this one off the bench. Her AM works have been solid and I really like the 3F blowout 3 days ago and that signals to me she will be running when the gates pop like she did in Tampa when she won 1st out at a very tough distance and deep track. She's ready to fire today!
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-19-16

RACE 10 - #6 - SILVERTONI - 7/2 - WP - Toss her last over the bog afar. She's proven over the main and also has beaten colts as well. Ward has this one ready to explode today. I'm in!!!
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-20-16

RACE 7 - #4 - CONDO PRINCE - 5/1 - WPS - Ran big 1st out against a live 1st timer from the Brown barn. Mike Dubb spots to win as he wants that owner title again this year.
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-22-16

RACE 2 - #4 - ACOUSTIC - 8/1 - WPS - I had bookmarked this one to score with at the Spa. He needed that race at Belmont on July 9th and his race 21 days later at the SPA was a disaster! Just a flat out horrible trip for us that day. Well here's Mott running him back in 23 days, which signals soundness and ready to fire. He will relish this marathon distance and I hope we can get at least 5/1 at post.
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-24-16

NOTE: The above selection should be booked marked. Joel gave this one another HORRIBLE trip once again.

RACE 2 - #9 - PHANTOM PHASR - 9/2 - WP - He needed his 1st at Big Sandy, his last just 21 days ago has him fit and ready to run a career best today. My speed #'s show a big move forward for this afternoon.
    edited August 2016
    SPA 8-27-16

We have our full card up for Travers day and we are going with Bombs over Bombs. The tote board will be blowing up today and we are dialed in this Travers day at the Graveyard of Champions.

RACE 9 - #7 - SCHIVARELLI - 20/1 - WPS - Sometimes when horses get good they can reel off multiple wins and I see this one running huge today. The price will be huge at post and I think Rafey will take hold and stalk all the inside speed and make a big run down the lane. Also take note, this is the first time he's been out since being gelded.