Spa Spots--Wednesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
I just got an e-mail informing that FB's(Kenny) daughter is very ill and in the hospital. Lets all pull for her to get better soon!

Not a great card today but a few races where I have a play or two and at good prices!

Race 5

My former affiliation with Dogwood Stable has me very interested in this first timer 2yo filly. #5 AIKENETTA, 7/2
Dogwood Stable does not exist any longer as it was sold to Eclipse . However, I guess Campbell was allowed to keep racing under the old name when he purchased horses. As you will remember, Aikenite was a Dogwood runner who was a barn favorite. When he went to stud at Calumet, I'm sure Cot wanted to support him so he purchased this baby for a mere $20k. Turns out she looks like she can run a little? If shes anything like her old man, she should lope around the turn and make one big run late. 5 1/2 may be a little short for her, but I'm willing to give her a chance to do well. Word from TAP barn is all good! WPS WAGER

Race 8

#6 SARAH'S SIS, 5-1

This girl has danced all the dances and is one tough cookie. Trainer Ingrid Mason is certainly not afraid to place her in tough and thinks she will someday be a Grade I winner. Today she faces Grade II types and she should be in the 2nd group stalking the cheap speed and make her class known as they turn for home. I can't wait to see Ingrid in the winners circle with that little summer mini-skirt on!
#6 wps and ex bx 1--6--7

Race 9

The Spa line maker is bonkers if he thinks the Assman's #4 JUSTA LADY is 8-1?

This is a true gift and I can tell you right now I'm loading up!
She ran at Oaklawn going 5 1/2 to 6f and was a speed ball. Assman wanted to put her on turf in those 5 1/2 sprint races that the Spa is known for. She finally caught one at CD and got nosed out for the win. Been working up at the Spa and last week worked over the turf tr track and zipped off a bullet 1:00 best at distance. It's no surprize that Assman held her back for the Spa and also wanting a good horse going in to his Hall Of Fame induction. This is it!!
See you at the windows! Large W/P

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Best wishes FB.

You love you some Ingrid mason.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    The SPA oddsmaker is always off. I seen this guy asking his friends on Twitter what price he should make horses... Crazy shit IMO. Anyways, yeah open season on horizontals, payoffs very good.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    You're a great Dad FB, thoughts and prayers your daughter gets well soon!