Saratoga - Race 5

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Some info on longshot Bigkat and Camille (15/1) in Race 5 today. She comes off a heads-up drill with older barnmate Frosty Lady, who won on Monday at a huge price (maiden claimer around two turns, but essentially wire-to-wire in decent time of 142 and change).

In work prior to that (two week gap), worked with Tellmeafookystory, who ran third (also at a big price) in a MSW sprint @ Belmont (same distance as this, though dirt).

Schettino trains, and he can obviously win with a firster. Only negative I see (aside from the two week gap before her last drill) is that Saez rode both of the above-mentioned horses, and he turns up on another horse here (Woodbine shipper from a guy I'm not familiar with).

Comments

• JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    FWIW: Rob at ECHR has this one as top selection. No movement on the board. Sitting at 16-1
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I went with the Linda Rice horse. She use to be automatic in these 5 furlong turf races. All she is now is an automatic toss!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    I went with the Linda Rice horse. She use to be automatic in these 5 furlong turf races. All she is now is an automatic toss!

I wouldn't say that at all. I know she has another one entered either Friday or Saturday going 5.5 on grass, and they always deserve a look. The one today i couldn't find anything on, but i definitely looked.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Jerman wrote: »
    FWIW: Rob at ECHR has this one as top selection. No movement on the board. Sitting at 16-1

Well, a 16/1 shot did win the race. Wrong longshot though.

Fwiw, the winner was the Graham Motion entrant Safe With Me. That one worked heads-up on grass with Irish Fix, and prior to that she worked twice in a row with Expect a Kitten. So just a friendly heads-up there.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    She's got another one going today (Friday) in the 5th. I'll bite again with this one.