Arrogate Futures.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited November 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
What's his Breeder's cup classic price? Probably the last day to get a fair price.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    I can't find a price anywhere... Might be a couple hundred to one. He's good, and that's the goal. If anybody finds a good number bet some for me.

$6 MILLION BREEDERS’ CUP CLASSIC ON NOV. 5 IS ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE ACCORDING TO BAFFERT

ARCADIA, Calif. (June 24, 2016)–Juddmonte Farms’ Arrogate had the look of something special in winning Friday’s $58,000 Santa Anita allowance feature by 5 ¼ lengths under Rafael Bejarano. Trained by Bob Baffert, the $560,000 Keeneland September yearling purchase was hustled from his rail post and made every pole a winning one en route to getting a mile and a sixteenth in a rapid 1:41.14.

“He’s made a lot of progress,” said Baffert of his lightly raced budding star. “He had some shins, so we stopped on him and the race at Los Al (a third place finish in his debut, a maiden special weight at six furlongs on April 17) just didn’t work out. Today, he didn’t get rattled, in the paddock or at the gate.

“I just told Rafael, ‘From the one (post position), you need to be a little aggressive.’ Distance isn’t an issue with this horse. When he came back right now, he wasn’t blowing at all. We’ve got a lot of options with him…The Jim Dandy is there (Grade II, 1 1/8 miles at Saratoga on July 30)…The plan is to get him to the Breeders’ Cup ($6 million Classic, at Santa Anita on Nov. 5.)”

A 4 ½ length maiden winner here going 1 1/16 miles on June 5, Arrogate, a 3-year-old colt by Unbridled’s Song, was off as the 3-5 favorite in a field of five 3-year-olds and up and paid $3.20, $2.20 and $2.10. With his record now at two wins from three starts, the winner’s share of $34,800 boosted his earnings to $73,800.

Ridden by Victor Espinoza, 4-year-old Fusaichi Samurai pursued his stablemate throughout and finished second, three quarters of a length in front of Pretentious. The second choice, “Fu Sam” paid $2.60 and $2.20.

Third place went to another 4-year-old, Pretentious, who was off at 20-1 with Santiago Gonzalez and paid $3.40 to show.

Fractions on the race were 23.62, 47.17, 1:10.72 and 1:34.85.

A pair of Grade I stakes, the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita and the $300,000 Triple Bend, highlight a nine-race card Saturday at Santa Anita. First post time is at 1:30 p.m. and admission gates open at 11:30 a.m.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    75/1 at Wynn last updated on 7/18/16
    edited August 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    What's his Breeder's cup classic price? Probably the last day to get a fair price.

That chance has left the station. 11-1 today.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Played the 8 over 1,2 over 12,14 ....knew destin was gonna be stalking but he faded, nobody was catching arrogate today....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2016
    That chance has left the station. 11-1 today.

Actually he's down to 8/1 now. I checked earlier today (shortly after the race) and they had dropped him to 12/1 at that point (from 45/1 a few days ago, i think).
    edited August 2016
    Actually he's down to 8/1 now. I checked earlier today (shortly after the race) and they had dropped him to 12/1 at that point (from 45/1 a few days ago, i think).

I meant he was 11-1 today. I had the double and pick 3 many many times. Considering I also bet Drefong (who is a fucker looker - I mean a real beast), it's a shame I didnt crush the pick 4.

Also I was in Vegas last weekend, and was babysitting some 22 year old drunken sluts, so as you can imagine finding futures slipped my mind...
    edited November 2016
    Win or lose, I'm sick about not getting a piece of this. It was there.

Arrogate won't run again after the race. You can't juice an unbridled song like that and expect it to last. Baffert will have this fucker CRANKED for the big time connex. Rip AIDS patient Bobby frankel.
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, me too. I could've had him @ 45/1.
    edited November 2016
    This fucking guy Baffert loves Noted and Quoted tomorrow. And he thinks Arrogate is a lock. Which is really sick if you figure how badly Chrome beat Beholder.
    edited November 2016
    Monster. I had the pick 4 a few times, but I wish we had a couple hundo at 75-1.
    edited November 2016
    fbwinners wrote: »
    75/1 at Wynn last updated on 7/18/16

:idoit:
    edited November 2016
    I meant he was 11-1 today. I had the double and pick 3 many many times. Considering I also bet Drefong (who is a fucker looker - I mean a real beast), it's a shame I didnt crush the pick 4.

Also I was in Vegas last weekend, and was babysitting some 22 year old drunken sluts, so as you can imagine finding futures slipped my mind...

Also, Drefong still a looker & runner. Best muscles on the west coast since the I'll-fated Arabian Leopard.
    edited November 2016
    Baffert just has too many good horses. I liked Drefong @ Saratoga, but thought he was a little overmatched today.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Arrogate surged late , he just ran through the wire. Maybe chrome is used to being geared down at the wire and never seen arrogate coming. Either way , was a great race along with the distaff....couldnt ask for more , except maybe hitting a few close bets... missed on the superfecta when frosted , melatonin and hopp got passed by keen ice... coulda had a nice score paid close to 300 to the 1$.... oh well losing weekend for me, hope u guys did better...gonna be on break till xmas...( break from horses) ....