Del Mar play for Friday (8/5)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Del Mar - Race 7

#3 Desert Steel (12/1 ml)

Comebacking turf-sprinter for Callaghan loves this course, consistently firing big shots in this format whenever given the chance. Fast enough to jump out and grab a forward position, whether on the lead or sitting right behind it, doesn't matter. A tad concerned that if she doesn't make the lead then she might get bottled from her inside post, but that the only real negative I see here. Been away a long time, but as a first-time 4yo she's liable to be bigger/stronger/faster than when last seen. Callaghan is fine off an extended layoff, and she's been training quite well for a couple of months now (clearly pointing to this race). Tough spot here, as she's far from the only horse capable of winning, but this morning line is ridiculous. She could just as easily be listed as the favorite, at least the way I see it. Great value.

HRT record:

97 for 368 (26%)

$827.80 mutuels ($8.53 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Crazy race. The ML favorite is in foal to American Pharoah. Good luck with Tyler.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Crazy race. The ML favorite is in foal to American Pharoah. Good luck with Tyler.

Yeah, I read that. Thanks.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Fucking Tyler. I had a decent 1-3 exacta. He's trash.
    edited August 2016
    Loaded for bear, and nowhere to run. That was the one thing I was worried about, getting bottled up inside. Tough beat @ 8/1. Hopefully she'll look bad enough on paper that I can get a good price next time. Think she would've won today with a good trip.
    edited August 2016
    Loaded for bear, and nowhere to run. That was the one thing I was worried about, getting bottled up inside. Tough beat @ 8/1. Hopefully she'll look bad enough on paper that I can get a good price next time. Think she would've won today with a good trip.

Desert Steel is entered back on Friday.