Saratoga play for Thursday (8/11)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 3

#3 Ventry Bay (7/2 ml)

Ward firster comes into this 5.5 furlong turf sprint off two straight turf drills, the penultimate one with Diddley, who ran second by a length (after leading much of the way) in a very fast maiden race @ Gulfstream. In the most recent drill, Ventry Bay went h/u with Con De Partino, who who wired a maiden sprint @ Keeneland before showing speed for a half-mile and then fadiing to 4th in a stakes race @ Churchill. The key being, both of these workmates have demonstrated keen speed. Good chance Ventry Bay takes control from the outset here and possibly wires them. Hope the turf course is nice and tight by the time the race starts today. It's already listed as firm, and it's sunny out, so that's a good sign as far as that goes.

HRT record:

97 for 370 (26%)

$827.80 mutuels ($8.53 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    D Flo really riding? He's a fucking cowboy, but I can't bet real $ on him anymore.
    edited August 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    D Flo really riding? He's a fucking cowboy, but I can't bet real $ on him anymore.

Well I have a $5 double. Invested $15 in David, hope he can turn back time, or there's a jock change lol. And he was my favorite jock as a kid.
    edited August 2016
    Looks really good on the track and price is right. So tough for me to stay away, but I'm gonna. Good luck guys.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Exacta came back nice. Played 2 today.
    Irad/Rudy in the 9th 6-Frosty Margarita. Probably go off at 8/5.
    10th Race: 10-Seize Hopefully my luck can turn
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Ventry Bay ran second @ 5/2
    edited August 2016
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Exacta came back nice. Played 2 today.
    Irad/Rudy in the 9th 6-Frosty Margarita. Probably go off at 8/5.
    10th Race: 10-Seize Hopefully my luck can turn

Rosario gets worked? Fuck we're running bad.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Ha made a 6/5 shot run out of the money. As for Rosairo runs neck and neck with a 45-1 shot and still had something left only to gets nosed out. More to come tomorrow