Spa Saturday--Spinaway Stakes Race 9

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
#3 RUNWAY DOLL 3-1

Her debut last month over a sealed sloppy track was just plain awesome. Never asked for anything, she scampered out over the track and opened up at will over a Spa MSW field that looked pretty good on paper. Frogman was on board that day but now gets leading rider Jose Ortiz. Stretch out from 6f to 7f is not an issue, nor is a dry track, as she has worked just fine over a dry track. However, the biggest sign of her ability lies in the fact that subsequent to her debut win, Runway Doll was privately purchased in a one-half interest (1/2) by none other than celebrity chef Bobby Flay(although I'm surprised he had any money left after his divorce)! Connex are tight-lipped about how much she sold for but I'm hearing that Flay paid somewhere around $250k, and original owners Heiligbrodt's paid somewhere around $175 so a nice profit for them plus they still own 1/2 of a very promising filly! Assman barn has a good one in Runway Doll and it is no secret. 3-1 ml but realistic post time odds will probably hover somewhere around 9/5. LET IT RIDE BABY!

In the 6th, #8 REQUEST, looks like a good play and I'm using for a single in vertical bet with
8 over 3/5/6.

In the 8th, time is running out for Jonathan Sheppard to keep his streak alive of consecutive years with a Saratoga winner. #7 King's Obsession looks like his last good chance, and I will use an exacta box with 6/7/10 and a wps on #7 .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Saturday night Remington card has some good races and I may post later Saturday with my humble thoughts?

Comments

• JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    John: any Remington? Had enough college football
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm always a rubbing's racing guy... And always hate stewards... But if they can get Tribal fighter out of this exacta.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I got depressed after Runway Doll tired badly and really stunk up the place! Not only that, but I had three--THREE-- 3 horse ex bx at the Spa that all three ran 2nd-3rd-4th ! Then, if that's not bad enough, I started to make plans to go to New York for the big Belmont day so I could get out of town during that biker festival, and found out that this year they do not go on the same weekend---Sept 24 on the bikers and Oct 1 and Oct 8 for Belmont. Remington was somewhat better as Ivy Jo paid around $13 to win, but She'sabrees really ran a poor race to finish 4th to pretty much knock me down for the day.

Looks like Dirty got his wish as Tribal Fighter was DQ and the ex paid around $165 on a $2 ex.
    Damn, that is the kind of hit I need!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I got depressed after Runway Doll tired badly and really stunk up the place! Not only that, but I had three--THREE-- 3 horse ex bx at the Spa that all three ran 2nd-3rd-4th ! Then, if that's not bad enough, I started to make plans to go to New York for the big Belmont day so I could get out of town during that biker festival, and found out that this year they do not go on the same weekend---Sept 24 on the bikers and Oct 1 and Oct 8 for Belmont. Remington was somewhat better as Ivy Jo paid around $13 to win, but She'sabrees really ran a poor race to finish 4th to pretty much knock me down for the day.

Looks like Dirty got his wish as Tribal Fighter was DQ and the ex paid around $165 on a $2 ex.
    Damn, that is the kind of hit I need!
  • SamN13SamN13 Junior Member
    edited September 2016
    Ya they split up super Saturday at Belmont last year too. Was one of my favorite days of going to the track because had all that talent and there wasn't many people there at all. Been going the past 5 years but now its like which day do you pick? I'll most likely be going the 8th this year but for me its only a 2 hour drive.