Some thoughts for Friday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Very slight lean to Stellar Wind in the Distaff. Thinking Songbird and Beholder might soften each other up a little bit and allow Stellar Wind to pounce. Think she'll offer some value as the likely third choice. Should be a helluva race; looking forward to it.

On the negative side, I hate Runhappy in the Dirt Mile. Never has won around two turns in his life, and his only try was an utter disaster. Supremely talented horse as we all know, but it's asking an awful lot for him to win around two turns vs. seasoned, top-tier route horses like Dortmund. I think Runhappy clearly should've been entered in the Sprint. Good play-against in matchups, I think.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Very slight lean to Stellar Wind in the Distaff. Thinking Songbird and Beholder might soften each other up a little bit and allow Stellar Wind to pounce. Think she'll offer some value as the likely third choice. Should be a helluva race; looking forward to it.

On the negative side, I hate Runhappy in the Dirt Mile. Never has won around two turns in his life, and his only try was an utter disaster. Supremely talented horse as we all know, but it's asking an awful lot for him to win around two turns vs. seasoned, top-tier route horses like Dortmund. I think Runhappy clearly should've been entered in the Sprint. Good play-against in matchups, I think.

I'm on the exact same page with runhappy. Like SW, but I could see that race go all 3 ways.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Grandmother always told me to never bet with my heart but beholder has been my horse for a long time now and I'm pounding her in her finale..love ramsky today for brown at a price...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    My BB for today is:
    Spain Burg in the Juv Fillies Turf
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Really excited about the Distaff today. I'm looking to win a few bucks on Stellar Wind in this one; regardless it will be a great race. I'll be on No Money Honey W/P in the Juvenile Fillies Turf. Good luck!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2016
    rayphil wrote: »
    Grandmother always told me to never bet with my heart but beholder has been my horse for a long time now and I'm pounding her in her finale..love ramsky today for brown at a price...

Wynn has Beholder +135 vs. Songbird in a matchup.
    edited November 2016
    Runhappy the worst 3-1 ever. Hope you cashed.
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    shh10 wrote: »
    Really excited about the Distaff today. I'm looking to win a few bucks on Stellar Wind in this one; regardless it will be a great race. I'll be on No Money Honey W/P in the Juvenile Fillies Turf. Good luck!

Well done!

Stellar Wind crushed pretty hard in the P3...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    shh10 wrote: »

Good job!
    edited November 2016
    edited November 2016
    Only winner today...

Today - 07:38 PM Online Gaming Breeders Cup Santa Anita R9 $50.00 Win
    $50.00 $0.00 $215.00
    edited November 2016
    Before the race I didn't care, but I was fucking screaming for Beholder like a 12yo girl the whole way down the stretch. Guess I kinda love her.

Also, really nice work from Stevens. And he knew he fucking won. It was close.
    edited November 2016
    I honestly thought she lost..really got out bobbed...now I need to find another favorite...been on her since juvenile fillies..
    edited November 2016
    NBC needs to move the finish line camera. Horrible angle. Colmus called it. Emphatically. Not sure if Wrona did....
    edited November 2016
    I actually thought Songbird got her nose back down on the wire. I was really surprised they put Beholder's number up.
    edited November 2016
    I actually thought Songbird got her nose back down on the wire. I was really surprised they put Beholder's number up.

I trusted the stevens celebration. but, I just watched the SA feed. Wrona did not call, and the on track crew very unsure. wrona's call was better to the wire, but larry has gigantic nuts and called it.