Rip...gogo..

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited December 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Daughter confirmed his passing..so sad to hear this news..

Comments

• shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I just read this online and am just saddened by the news . . . may he rest in peace.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Always my favorite. Sad. If any of you have a problem, get help.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I had a lot of respect for GoGo's abilities, but he was not one of my favorites. It was personal with me. I've always been one who thinks Johnny V. is the greatest and always puts his horses in a position to win. Several years ago when Johnny got hurt, TAP reached out to bring in Gomez to be his first-call go-to jockey. I was afraid that he would be so successful that TAP would replace Johnny. Well, when Johnny got healthy Gomez kind of transitioned back to SoCal and then TAP kind of got a second marriage to Javier Castellano and then Gomez just fell off the radar. Really sad that he had these problems.

Speaking of jockeys, I now have two on my list that are certainly not what they used to be!
    Julian Leparoux on the turf---he falls way too far back and even if his mount makes a great late run, they can't get caught up.
    Joel Rosario on the dirt---ditto what I said about Frenchie! Joel used to have a built-in clock in his head and could judge the pace and keep his mount in contention. Not so much anymore?

Several years ago I would play the NYRA tracks without any info and do a three C's ex bx with Cornelio, Castellano, and Coa. This usually meant that Johnny V. and Prado and later, Ramon would not hit the first two ex on fav's and the 3 C's ex bx would pay very good. These days, every NYRA race you have to look at the Ortiz bros and Carmouche and Franco to keep things honest. Problem is, the ex bx with these barely pays the $12 minimum you need on a 3 horse ex bx. Tough way to make a living!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Go go best finisher of all time. Left so many horses exhausted, got everything from them. Hell, he even rode a few right into the ground. Beat zenyata. I never met him, but heard he's a lot like me from a few people. Scary.