Saturday Gulfstream--Longshot!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 6
2yo msw 7 1/2 turf

#3 PAGLIACCI, 10-1
Bill Mott very rarely has his firsters ready to roll first out, but the Boyz say the word is out on this one! Long series of works at Payson Park and the Boyz say this one is ready to fire at first asking. Owned and bred by Harvey Clarke, Pioneer Of The Nile and a Flatter mare. Jose Lezcano in the saddle. This race has alot of firsters and is wide open. Why not take a chance on one with a price?

Race 7
Tropical Park Derby
3yo 1 1/16 turf $75k

#12 STRIKE MIDNIGHT, 9/2
This one finally gets some needed class relief and will be rolling late when the speed starts to wilt.

Playing both of these wps and hope to jumpstart 2017 with some winers! FWIW, my longtime clocker at Oaklawn died last year but I have a line with one of his buddies and my list of ones to watch is getting quite long! No chance that anyone other than Assman will win the trainer title, but Ronnie Moquett has a stable of real race horses and all of his are for real. Little Donnie Von Hemel is also loaded and has ones for every level. If only the weather holds out the opening weekend at Oaklawn should be a dandy with the Smarty Jones on Monday. Rockshaw will be one to keep a lookout on but Moquett may wait and send him longer?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Watched training with Ron the other morning. I'm pretty confident we will see rockshaw opening weekend. Resend me your text from a couple weeks ago. That's when I had a destroyed screen and couldn't read really anything. New phone now
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not sure that Rockshaw will stretch out, and Ronnie doesn't know either? Might not matter if they can't get him to quit coming out of the gate in a tangle and having to rush up to stay in contention. But hell, everybody says he sure is fast!

I will publish a condensed clocker's list in about a week. That phone text is long ago deleted and I have no idea how to retrieve it? It mostly talked about Assman, Moquett, and Von Hemel stables.
    edited December 2016
    PAGLIACCI wins at Gulfstream
    $13.60 $7.80 $6.60

I ain't afraid of clowns!
    opera and Seinfeld reference!
    edited December 2016
    Strike Midnight goes so wide turning for home that he's not even in the picture---until he crossed the finish line
    DFL! Could not have been more wrong on that one!