Miller firster in the 7th

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
I like Pundy (7/2) in Race 7 @ SA. Worked heads-up with recent Del Mar allowance winner (River Echo).

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Pundy went off @ 3/1 and ran second. Paid $6.00 to place.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    Got beat by a horse Sadler claimed off Miller at this level.
    edited January 2017
    Something else interesting going on right now that is attached to this:

In Pundy's final drill before his sharp, speedy second-place effort on Sunday, he had worked h/u from the gate with an unraced colt named Hitters Park. That one came back to work h/u (6 furlongs) this morning with a barnmate named Anatolian Heat, who was last seen running a very similar speedy second-place effort vs. older optional claimers in a 5-furlong turf sprint @ Del Mar (splits of 22.0, 44.2, 56.3).

Seems like this unraced Hitters Park very probably has some gas, and should be turning up soon.
    edited January 2017
    DC, you should read the steroid article with the vets list. Peter Miller horses coming of 60 day medical vet's list have an ungodly ROI and its public info.
    edited January 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    DC, you should read the steroid article with the vets list. Peter Miller horses coming of 60 day medical vet's list have an ungodly ROI and its public info.

Hitters Park is an unraced 4yo, btw. Clearly he's had some issues somewhere along the line.
    edited January 2017
    Sorry, it's on Paulick report. Not sure if you found it.
    edited January 2017
    Something else interesting going on right now that is attached to this:

In Pundy's final drill before his sharp, speedy second-place effort on Sunday, he had worked h/u from the gate with an unraced colt named Hitters Park. That one came back to work h/u (6 furlongs) this morning with a barnmate named Anatolian Heat, who was last seen running a very similar speedy second-place effort vs. older optional claimers in a 5-furlong turf sprint @ Del Mar (splits of 22.0, 44.2, 56.3).

Seems like this unraced Hitters Park very probably has some gas, and should be turning up soon.

Hitters Park is entered in Race 7 on Saturday.
    edited January 2017
    Hitter's Park ok, no match for Baffert.

I'm invested heavily in the Miyadi firster in the last at SA. It's a total scam IMO, but he just doesn't pull it enough to give any real confidence. This is a horrible field though.
    edited January 2017
    nag. stumbled... but nag anyways
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Miller's fill up the exacta in the 8th. Thanks for pointing this out dirty! Don't know if they were on the vet's list, but I used em anyway.

Should have played an exacta! But I'm alive to this one:

R7 .50 P4 1,3 / 2,6,7 / 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 / 2,5,12
    edited January 2017
    Yeah. He wasn't on the vet's list, but I suspect based on the timing he had a little help. I was alive 10x to the 1 horse in the last. Cashed twice, thought I deserved more.