Oaklawn Sunday-Key Race?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
These Oaklawn 3yo MSW races are pretty good, and damned entertaining! Most of these are getting a late start and Kentucky Derby start is out of the question at this time, but some of these are ones to look at later on in the summer. My clocker's report has been touting this one for over two months and thinks he is the real deal.

Race 9
msw one mile

#11 C DUB, 9/2

By Hard Spun-Warbling, by Unbridled Song, this grey sold at Keeneland September for a mere $475k. Been working steady for a while and now makes his debut going two turns at a mile. Gotta like that. Clocker gives him three works rated as best of the day. Trained by the lesser-known Von Hemel, Kelly Von Hemel. Not sure about leaving from the outside hole, but he may be good enough to tuck in and save a little ground before he unleashes his run turning for home in the short stretch of the mile run. I'm playing him across the board and using in an exacta box with 1--6--11.
The #1 is a Calumet entry with runners from Assman and Lukas, and both can run. The #6 Vandelay, broke a little slow in his debut and it cost him a win, and I had a shitload on him that day to hit the exacta with the Diodoro runner Smoke Em, who ran lights out and is another to watch next out, probably in the Southwest? People in the know on the backside think this race will move more than a couple forward into stakes races next out?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!