Oaklawn Sunday Spots

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
The payouts at Oaklawn continue to be fantastic! I caught the trifecta yesterday in the feature Martha Washington as Chanel's Legacy really came thru with the Coach's longshot running on well for 2nd and Moquett's Torrent just nosing out for third. I.R.S. trip but who's complaining?
Today I have a couple of races where I'm trying to catch a price and a few favs:

Race 3
Cheap horses going 1 1/16 and as they start to gasp for air # 2 Lucy's Revenge, 5/2, should be hard to beat. #2 WP and ex bx 2-5-6

Race 7
3yo colts going one mile msw $72k purse

My play of the day!

#2 INDY HILL, 10-1

The Coach has this one ready to roll at a big price. Big son of English Channel-Station Hill, by A.P. Indy is a top homie from Calumet and Brad Kelly is really high on him. Began his 2yo career at Spa going 1 1/16 on turf and continued running on weeds at CD and Keeneland where he would show good speed and tire late. Lukas moved him to the dirt in December at CD and he has been working over the Oaklawn dirt ever since. My clocker's list has several 5 star comments about his movement. Expect him to save some ground early and be in the first group and swing out in the middle turning home in the short stretch of the mile run and have plenty left to score at a price. Take note that the morning line favorites are new comers with no races or works over the Oaklawn surface, which is usually the kiss of death
#2 WPS andex bx 2--10--11.

Race 8
3yo fillies going one mile $74k nw1x

Ex Bx 1--7--8

#1 Tap Of War, 4-1
sct out of yesterday's stakes in favor of this softer spot. This filly is some kind of fast and has been brought along with future plans for big time races. The short stretch of the mile along with the rail should be ideal for a big effort. If someone goes with her early and she starts to shorten stride late, look out for
#7 Talmadge Tap, 10-1 and
#8 Five Star Factor, 7/2

All three of these appear on my clocker's list with glowing remarks. Accordingly, I'm looking at playing #1 WPS and ex bx 1--7--8.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm glad you made some room for me, I actually feel like writing about horses today, not just having some one (1) liners about how much everyone sucks. Also, I'll be playing golf, so I might as well get some wagers in now.

Santa Anita 1 - It's nice outside, but who knows if they'll stay on the turf. I don't really care, other than hating when scratches kill my price. I looked at the form, and really it's wide open. But, the Pete Miller horse is going to be overbet, and might not even want 6 1/2 - and the second favorite is being riden by an old lady. No interest in either. So then you have a stakes type in the 1 horse, Street Vision, and he's working well, but the Form has Rito Almanza listed in the saddle. He fucking sucks so bad I couldn't believe it, but a look at today's program shows my old buddy Talamo in the irons. Nice upgrade. Thinking we get a worthwhile price here. Wager: 1 Street Vision 8-1

No opinions for a while, even the stakes race is garbage. I'm going 2,4,5

Race 6 - These are 3yo fillies and the outside horse Lady Bellamy is outworking Blabimir, who goes in the San Vicente. Good post here, and certainly worth a shot 6-1. Toss in Selcourt for a nice exacta.

Race 8 - Here's a gamble. This will be the first turf start for Swissarela, but she's a 6 time winner, and I've been waiting for her to stretch back out. In addition she gets class relief and the only fucking jockey who seems to win on her, my man Santiago, who needs to start getting his shit together before we deport him. Look, if the Baltas horse Flamingo Lane is sound, it's game over, but I can take a shot here. Exacta if your vagina requires it. Wager: 8 Swissarela 10-1

Horses in the last race should be rounded up and euthanized.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I should have dusted off my Mizuno irons and Ping Metal woods and played golf too! It would have been ugly, but not any uglier than my wagering selections! I still have a flicker of hope in the 8th at SA, so come on Swissarela!

So much for my angle of horses not having a work or race over the OP track. The first two ran like Uncle Mo and The Factor! Indy Hill led for 4f and hit a wall, and Tap Of War didn't get the lead and the winner did, at about 8-1?

Ugly golf would have been better!