Dirty, scoop on Luis Contreras?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Don't know the whole skinny, but a falling out between Assman and Ricardo Santana of sorts? Beginning Sunday, California jock Luis Contreras ships in his tack from Santa Anita to Oaklawn and will be first call jock for the Assman. How's he been riding in California? My equibase records show he tied for 10th, but he was Canadian jock of the year in 2011 & 2012. He must be getting limited mounts as he only has 4 wins? You got any idea how he ended up with the Assman? Moreover, can he finish?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    The feature today at Oaklawn is the Nodouble Breeders Stakes for Arkie bred going 6f. Weast Hill will take all the money, but there is another in here who can flat out run. His name "RACER"
    edited February 2017
    tHE bOYZ SAY NOTHING WRONG WITH SANTANA, he's in NOLA today riding 3 or 4 for Assman.
    Boyz think Santana will leave Oaklawn early and head to Keeneland as first call for Assman at Keeneland, CD, and Belmont/Spa. I find it somewhat puzzling that Assman goes to a jock who made his bones at Woodbine on the sticky shit and turf and goes to dirt only Oaklawn?
    edited February 2017
    Last weekend at Oaklawn Park, I had the pleasure of meeting Wayne Catalano and his wife, Renee'.
    What a nice guy! He was terribly disappointed in the effort Uncontested put forth in the Southwest. Wayne told our group that he was a Derby Horse! Now, I hear he will be given time in training and just race once more in the Arkansas Derby.
    On another note, Wayne was all ga ga over a filly he has running today in the Rachel Alexandria at Fairgrounds.

Race 9

#2 FARRELL, 5/2

W/P and ex # tri key 2---1/3/5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sold on Contreras, but he's not terrible.
    edited February 2017
    tHE bOYZ SAY NOTHING WRONG WITH SANTANA, he's in NOLA today riding 3 or 4 for Assman.
    Boyz think Santana will leave Oaklawn early and head to Keeneland as first call for Assman at Keeneland, CD, and Belmont/Spa. I find it somewhat puzzling that Assman goes to a jock who made his bones at Woodbine on the sticky shit and turf and goes to dirt only Oaklawn?

Santana Dindu Nuffin. He's a good boy.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    the FG entries were out before the falling out... assman was so pissed at santana and his agent for picking some other trainers (one being moquette) to ride for. brought contreras in for that reason. won't see anymore santana on assman horses anytime soon. you can look at thursdays and fridays entries and see that it is obvious. 19 santana mounts between today, thrusday, and friday and none for assman.

when assman wants you to ride carve, you probably tell your agent to put you on carve... not moquette's horse brerry or whatever his name was....
    edited February 2017
    the FG entries were out before the falling out... assman was so pissed at santana and his agent for picking some other trainers (one being moquette) to ride for. brought contreras in for that reason. won't see anymore santana on assman horses anytime soon. you can look at thursdays and fridays entries and see that it is obvious. 19 santana mounts between today, thrusday, and friday and none for assman.

when assman wants you to ride carve, you probably tell your agent to put you on carve... not moquette's horse brerry or whatever his name was....

dont martin garcia yourself
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    He is a solid rider
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The feature today at Oaklawn is the Nodouble Breeders Stakes for Arkie bred going 6f. Weast Hill will take all the money, but there is another in here who can flat out run. His name "RACER"
    Last weekend at Oaklawn Park, I had the pleasure of meeting Wayne Catalano and his wife, Renee'.
    What a nice guy! He was terribly disappointed in the effort Uncontested put forth in the Southwest. Wayne told our group that he was a Derby Horse! Now, I hear he will be given time in training and just race once more in the Arkansas Derby.
    On another note, Wayne was all ga ga over a filly he has running today in the Rachel Alexandria at Fairgrounds.

Race 9

#2 FARRELL, 5/2

W/P and ex # tri key 2---1/3/5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Great info here. Both horses won, including Racer @ $17.20 :toast: