Day 2 - Tampa Bay Downs

PacManPacMan Member
edited December 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
I know, a little bit early BUT this will make it easier for me when it comes time to posting the days listing. FYI, others are encouraged to post there thoughts on the card here as well. Pick 6 anyone?

Comments

• PacManPacMan Member
    edited December 2007
    Notes For Day 2, Tampa Bay Down - Site of the 2007 KYD Winner
    Race 2/ I've meet Tommy and his dad a long time ago and the one thing that always stood out to me was that did not sent out a horse that was not sound. They might not always win, but they were good enough to go (try). Mr. Proctor has had a large success at Tampa and regulary wins around 30% of the races for the met. His in the money percentage last met was a little over 60% - that is "bad" for him over the surfaces at Oldsmar. There is no reason to think his horse will not be in the money based on just the conditioner's deadication to this sport. If this one goes off at even money or higher, be thankful. Also worth a quick mention is Sumpter Landing. Nothing says ready to go - literally nothing. Look for yourself, the PP's don't lie. All I'll state is Ron Behrens has had good success in routes over the years at Tampa. 30:1, not when the beting windows are closed.

Race 4/ Personal Style will be a popular choice and rightly so as comes from Kirk Z's barn. This Z-man has been getting more popular with the betting public the last few meets with his high itm finishes. Awesome Illusion is trained by Lynne Scace who is becoming a solid contributor for the meets. Although always very busy, have never been "brushed off" by her. Nice, classy lady who knows her stuff. Looking for a horse who based on m/l odds who might get pictured? Take a look at Chris's Joy trained by Gerrald Bennett.

Race 5/ A TURF race. There are two in here that are extremely close for being this races' top choice. They are Iron Id and Squire Wyndham. The previous success by the trainers for the lawn is not a g'tee for today's success but it's a good indicator that they can get their horses ready. L1 is being used for Scace's runner and might be enough to get the win.

Race 6/ Lots to like about this race as each of the chosen horses has at least two reasons why they could win or place. The four (4) are Silverdina, The Smoke Did It, Evenly and Unfolding Wish. As it stands right now, there's your exacta box for the race. Hopefully, the paddock, walkingring and/or the post parade will help separate them just a little.

Race 7/ Part of the Pick 6 races. It seems every P6 ticket has at least one "upset" or "long shot" win the race and cause many a ticket to fall by the wayside. For that reason (and others not listed here) going to have No Halo On Me, ET to the Moon and Preachin Heat on the tickets.

Keys and exotics will be played but it is unknown at this time with which ones. Best of luck with your days action.
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited December 2007
    Tuesday's Review

Race 2/ The choices finished 6th and 7th.

Race 4/ Kik Z's horse scr'd. Awesome Illuision won. Chris's Joy placed.

Race 5/ Iron Id was a disappointing third.

Race 6/ Evenly scr'd. Unfolding Wish won. This Smoke Did It placed ($22.00 exacta). Silverdina showed ($125 triple).

Race 7/ Wrong race for P6 longshot as No Halo On Me was 5th, ET to the Moon was 9th and Preachin Heat was fourth.