Oaklawn history 101

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
A couple of things you need to know:
1. History has a way of repeating itself; and
2. 3 yo fillies who ship to Oaklawn without a work or a race rarely run up to their advance billing; and
3. the G3 HONEYBEE today is one tough race to call?

I hit the Martha Washington a month ago with Chanel's Legacy over My Sweet Stella and Torrent.
4 or 5 years ago trainer Lynn Cleaborad had a top 3yo filly named American Sugar, who was primed for a big effort going a mila but couldn't stretch out and may have failed to win again. Hence, draw a line thru Chanel's Legacy today.
Mott ships in a Claiborne filly who ran a big one last out at Tampa--ELATE--fractions were average and now gets a new jock as Ortiz gets off and Lezcano comes in--Throw out!
Hollendorfer ships in It Tiz Well, and brings in the Chinaman CNak to ride. Ran 2nd to Unique Bella two back and then had her way with OC last out at SA, but this group will test her every step of the way, and new digs and moisture will negate any good will !
Enough already! Every filly in this race has a shot. My clocker says two in here have looked absolutely great since their last:

1. Perfect Wife,
busted thru the gate in last and suffered a cut mouth which McPeek says caused the speed and really bad fade. We'll see as she gets another chance and now at a price of 12-1.

2. My Sweet Stella, 12-1
Clocker says Lukas team is dressing for a picture today. She has in her last two run mid-pack and came with a good run to just come up short going shorter. Now she gets 1 1/16 and her last work over a wet track was 5 in 1:00 4, which clockers say she was just hitting her stride.
History 101---Lukas and 3yo fillies. My play of the day.

#4 MY SWEET STELLA w/p
ex bx 4/5/10 and if this hits it will be a toteboard explosion!

Race 6 is the HOT SPRINGS, $125k 4 and up sprinting 6f

#1 HOLY BOSS, may be just a little faster and will have to go. Off-track form is spot-on!

#3 Ivan, throw out last, he's been working like a beast since first back off the lay-off. Only negative is Calvin?

#4 WHITMORE, coming off a career best in last and even if he bounces, he is still fast enough to move on the turn and leave the rest of these in his wake.

Price will be short, but WHITMORE IS A TRUE MONSTER RIGHT NOW.
#4 WIN
EX STRAIGHT 4---1/3
SAME WITH TRI BUT ADD #8 Storm Advisory 4---1/3/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    I mean, look at the races the gook is missing out here....

I'm going down to Chinatown. Big.
    edited March 2017
    As far as the big races, and futures implications:

I'm yes on Tapwrit, but he'll be an overbet nag
    I'm big yes on Gormley and Iliad.
    And I'm pretty sure I'm about to find out why Mastery is 7-1 in the futures.
    edited March 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    As far as the big races, and futures implications:

I'm yes on Tapwrit, but he'll be an overbet nag
    I'm big yes on Gormley and Iliad.
    And I'm pretty sure I'm about to find out why Mastery is 7-1 in the futures.

Found out about Mastery, actually made some $ on him in pick 5. But he saved the value of the future bet by pulling up lame.
    edited March 2017
    I mean, look at the races the gook is missing out here....

I'm going down to Chinatown. Big.

Big score in little Tokyo. Love it.
    edited March 2017
    Javier is better than you. Having a fucking blast today. Money mike bout to get it done in the last.

Denman finally did shit. Bal a Bali was cute too, only bet $40 but felt good. Where are you people?
    edited March 2017
    Javier is better than you. Having a fucking blast today. Money mike bout to get it done in the last.

Denman finally did shit. Bal a Bali was cute too, only bet $40 but felt good. Where are you people?

Money Mike jogged home. We on fire here. Crush time.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Saw a stat today where Baffert has won the Rebel 7 out of the last 8 years. Unreal.