Mastery off the Derby Trail

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Broke his leg shortly after crossing the wire in his impressive San Felipe win. Surgery scheduled for Monday.

http://www.espn.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/18886027/mastery-comes-san-felipe-win-fracture

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Sad for connex. He was the biggest hurdle in my futures, but Reach the World, Iliad, and Midway gonna be the 3 big dogs from here. Gormley could learn to come from off I guess, but maybe with no Mastery he doesn't quit.
    edited March 2017
    Tapwrit looked so good. I guess my new nememis' are American Anthem and Gunnervara.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Don't be so quick to dismiss several of next week's REBEL runners.
    Catman putting a tongue-tie on Ucontested to prevent a flipped pallet has already paid off. Bullet work since dismal Southwest effort and the Catman really believes he will carry his speed 1 1/16 and further? We'll see?
    I guess Baffert will still ship American Anthem only because he is ready, but doubt he would come back to Oaklawn for the Arkansas Derby, what with Mastery now on the bench? I just have that feeling that one of these yet named top 3yo colts will emerge come Ky Derby Day. Might be Silver Dust, who is still getting better and he might just get it figured out, but he needs to get some points in REBEL.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Catman putting a tongue-tie on Ucontested to prevent a flipped pallet has already paid off. Bullet work since dismal Southwest effort and the Catman really believes he will carry his speed 1 1/16 and further? We'll see?
    I guess Baffert will still ship American Anthem only because he is ready, but doubt he would come back to Oaklawn for the Arkansas Derby, what with Mastery now on the bench? I just have that feeling that one of these yet named top 3yo colts will emerge come Ky Derby Day. Might be Silver Dust, who is still getting better and he might just get it figured out, but he needs to get some points in REBEL.

I was wondering about that. I suspect he might still go to the Arkansas Derby, what with Baffert already having Reach The World (and possibly even West Coast, who runs today) penciled in for Santa Anita.

Btw, another one to watch in the Rebel is the highly-talented Pletcher colt Malagacy.
    edited March 2017

Which of these horses do i get in the futures though? i like dem.