Who will be the Ky Derby Favorite at POST

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
and what will he go off at this year???

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Kenny write each horses name on a board and throw a dart at it..odds just got better on mc cracken..had excuse and ran ok...I'll take mastery and 3 legs...
  • noble tunenoble tune Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Hence even money
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Has to be Always Dreaming at 6 or 7 to 1.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Junior Member
    edited April 2017
    Always Dreaming will be favorite. I think he'll end up around 5-1.
  • SmartyCideSmartyCide Member
    edited April 2017
    Just for shits and giggles here ya go(minus the Arkansas Derby horses):

Always Dreaming 6-1
    Irish War Cry 8-1
    Gunnevera 9-1
    McCraken 12-1
    Girvin 12-1
    Gormley 19-1
    Practical Joke 20-1
    Hence 22-1
    Irap 27-1
    Tapwrit 30-1
    J Boys Echo 30-1
    Thunder Snow 30-1
    Patch 35-1
    State Of Honor 35-1
    Cloud Computing 38-1
    Fast And Accurate 50-1
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Perfect year for a outsider....thundersnow
    edited April 2017
    If Gormley is cranked and gets over the track, night night.

Hence, I'm not making any other bets. Team 24. Got Always Dreaming on the first ticket, not the second. But fuckkkk Pletcher, he needed waist deep mud and a suicidal jockey to clunk up on Super Saver. He's horrible.
    edited April 2017
    Maybe Irap is getting good. ;p
    edited April 2017
    What is Mario riding? He's my favorite jock. Trying to make it 3.
    edited April 2017
    Dont you think Gormley was just to slow in Santa Anita... A 88 beyer? I dont know if any horse ran such a slow beyer in the final prep and came back and won the derby at least not this century. But maybe he closes again and he improves at that the second time they have him run that way.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Right now I'd say Always Dreaming. Obviously could change after the Arkansas Derby, but it'd probably take a pretty big performance for that to happen.
    edited April 2017
    SmartyCide wrote: »
    Dont you think Gormley was just to slow in Santa Anita... A 88 beyer? I dont know if any horse ran such a slow beyer in the final prep and came back and won the derby at least not this century. But maybe he closes again and he improves at that the second time they have him run that way.

I don't need somebody else's #'s to tell me what I saw. I've been acting a little silly about Gormley because I bet a very small future, but honestly he looks fucking amazing on the track. He won the toughest prep race IMO and is a 3 time graded winner. Wouldn't trade my ticket for anything, that's for sure.
    edited April 2017
    Always Dreaming COULD be fools gold. The Florida Derby clearly was a race that favored speed as 4 of the top 5 finishers were in the front the entire race and his other 2 wins he set a slow pace and took them around.
    edited April 2017
    I want Classic Empire to have a memorable performance in Ark. and take major money. Or run so bad he misses the race and I don't sweat him in futures.
    edited April 2017
    He looks real to me. Go back and look at the replay of his Gulfstream allowance race. He was under a stranglehold while the others were being pushed hard to keep up (and still couldn't). Really odd considering how incredibly slow the fractions were in that race, but that's what happened. Also Pletcher mentioned after the race that he had galloped out 25-30 lengths in front.

And speaking of super-slow races, it seems awfully odd that the entire SA Derby field (which included some pretty nice horses) were unable to crack 1:51. I just find that extremely hard to believe. Gotta think the track was at least partly responsible (though Paradise Woods dents that theory a little bit).

Also note that Irap (clearly inferior to the SA Derby horses) was able to ship East and win the Blue Grass. There might not be as big a gap between the East/West colts as it appears on paper.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Mike B. has already stated he'll make Classic Empire the Ky Derby favorite and co-second choices will be Irish War Cry and Always Dreaming. I'm predicting the ML on Classic Empire will be 4/1 from Mike B.
    edited April 2017
    I'm glad to see that. Would love to get Always Dreaming matched against Classic Empire at a nice plus.
  • byanosebyanose Junior Member
    edited April 2017
    Classic Empire 9/2
    Always Dreaming 5-1
    McCraken 6-1
    Gunnevera 6-1