Oaklawn Spots--Wednesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 7
N2L $83,000 Arkie Bred 3 & up 6f

Trainer Brad Cox has picked up several very good owners the past few years, many of them well to do Arkie"s who don"t hesitate to spend big money. The last thing Cox wants to do is give bad advice and run a horse when the horse is not at a near peak level.
#4 Five O One, 2-1
owned by a guy everybody at Oaklawn likes, Staton Flurry(his family are Hot Springs people who own the parking lot across from the track) and this horse just gave Flurry his first Oaklawn Stakes win in the Rainbow Stakes. He fits this condition and Cox says he is ready, so on little rest he comes back running for $83k. By the way, Five O One is a 3yo now running against older, but his Rainbow win was damn good! Short Price is better than a Long Face!

Race 8
N3L opt clm $50k F & M 3 & up one mile
#4 ADORE, 5/2
Assman 4yo filly has been off since June but she has good past perf and is well bred Big Brown and a mare by Empire Maker. Her works leading up to her return at Oaklawn are visually impressive, even for a Assman work! She has early turn of hoof and expect her to be up close and pour it on turning for home in the short stretch. Short price again! Long Face Not!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    I just heard that serious money will go down on #4 ADORE, in the 8th. With that said, I will play win only and key in ex and tri 4--1/7 in exacta and 4--1/2/7 in tri.
    edited April 2017
    Terrible efforts!
    First one needed a rest;
    Second one needed a race!

Tomorrow in the "Bachelor"
    if ROCKSHAW flops I'll be a flop right along with him?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    Chalk whore. Shoot all 3 of these nags John.
    edited April 2017
    I spent all day at Oaklawn on Thursday and my biggest hit came at Keeneland when La Colonel romped!
    Today(Friday) at Oaklawn in the 8th, Fantasy Stakes for 3yo fillies, I'm taking a flier on a 10-1 shot.
    #9 TORRENT.
    She has had time off since January and training very well.
    I also think in the Apple Blossom, Terra Promessa will make amends for the butcher job Irad gave her LTO. Like yesterday"s Turf stakes at Keeneland, I like playing against horses who are making their first start since Breeder"s Cup. The ml fav will take all the money and she might be a little short off the extended lay-off?