Friday Action

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Two races today early where Oaklawn horses show up in good spots:

Churchill Downs Race 4 2:13 EDT
MSW 3 up 6f $49k purse
#3 MALIBU AT MIDNIGHT, 6-1

First time starter who wintered at Oaklawn but was not ready to go? Danny Peitz trained this Low homie by Malibu Moon and a Distorted Humor mare. Peitz has brought him along carefully and he showed that he can run a little. His last work at CD was eye-popper and signal that he's ready to go.
wps and hope he gets out of the gate? Joe Rocco in saddle and if he breaks well he should take these around in a short 6f debut!

Belmont Park Race 5 3:36 EDT
clm $40k 6f $59k purse
#1 RAYS'WARRIOR, 7/2

First start off the claim by Diodoro, who snatched him from Hobby, and if there is ever a trainer change that shouts out for improvement this is the ONE! This runner was never put in where he belonged and his dismal record shows that he was always in over his head. But he consistently showed up on Oaklawn clocker's list since last January. Diodoro takes him from Keeneland to NY, and the ones he brought to NYRA are running better than expected.
wps and think Arroyo will send himfrom the rail and take these the whole way!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    Good picks.

Stop betting to show brother. It hurts me to watch.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Good picks.

Stop betting to show brother. It hurts me to watch.

I don't know why I said wps, cause I don't play show either? The firster at CD broke sideways and was eliminated from the start. I was afraid of that based on his gate work a few works back. Danny needs a series of gate drills!

The Hobby -to-Diodoro angle worked like it should, but going from 7/2 to 8/5 was tough to take.

On Saturday at CD I'm waiting to hear some info on a couple that have been making comebacks.
    Randy Morse has Durango going 7f and it should be a good dist and I think she is around 6-1?

I'll keep you posted. I looked at the 3 good races at Santa Anita, for the first time in a while, I don't think the Baffert runners are a lockLooks like Peter Miller has a chance in a couple? What you hear/think?