50 years of handicapping Thoroughbreds
Now then, for any given track, do not play
races with any of the following characteristics.
This will limit you to only playing one to three
races for the day.
- do not play maiden races (which includes
first time starters)
- do not play races that have more than
11 horses running.
- do not play races shorter than 5.5 furlongs.
- do not play races longer than 1 1/8 miles in distance.
- do not play races for 2 year olds only.
- do not play races where there are five entries
with program odds of 5/1 or less.
- do not play races with less than six runners.
When I say do not play them, what I really mean
is do not bet them. The risk is high and the
payoffs are low. I can't tell you how many years
it took to finally figure this out.