Fairgounds Selections March 8th

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Well below is race 1 on La. Derby undercard, I will be updating each race througout the week with some analysis on each horse I'm looking at per race. I will be at the Fairgounds on Saturday and will be sitting with the who's who of the racing industry. I will be updating this thread with backstretch talk throughout the week. A little bird is telling me to watch J BE K on Saturday and I know it's his first out at a route, but Shaun B. said after last race he still had 2-3 gears left in the tank. He is bred to run long and is so much faster than others and looks to be lone speed he will be up 3-4 lenghts coming down the long fairgrounds stretch and just might hang on. Bob Baffert told me last time out he was sick to lose this horse and I will be asking him on Saturday if he thinks J BE K can make a route first asking.

1st (Post time 12:35)

About 1 Mile (Turf) | Fillies | 3 Year Olds Maiden Special Weight | Purse: $39,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.

1 Silver Sands Husbands P 121 Blk-On L - This filly was well meant last time out going off at 2.40 and making her debut at a route of ground on the green. Here is a little insight you might want to make note of when capping. I was told by a old time trainer that it is highly unlikley that a filly or colt can make there first start at a route of ground either on dirt or grass and win at first asking. He told me then (15 years ago) the percentage was around 5-8%!!!!!! This young filly should run better this time out as she hopped after the start and was 2nd to last in a paceless race. She is a solid exotic conteneder.

2 Bimini Road Meche L J 121 L - Her last in the form looks strictly like a work race and I don't see her rebounding enough second out to be a win contender or exotic contender.

3 Ghoul Prado E S 121 L - The first thing that stands out to me on this filly is the jock change in Prado, I was at the grounds on the 9th and played this one and when the gates opened up Mena took her right to the front and she got passed down the lane like she was walking and held place by 2 lenghts. Her last two works arent encouraging at all and I will pass on her this time as that prior race was too slow. Maybe in the 4th hole for the super.

4 Le Caire Albarado R J 121 L - This filly is screaming for the grass and she will finally get it on Saturday as the weather is suppose to be beautiul, love her breeding top and bottom and also glad Robby Obby is back aboard for this one, at this point she is my main win contender.

5 Stepsister Jones Mena M 121 L - Last 3 outs lost by over 40 lenghts, nothing to like here.

6 Street Sign Lanerie C J 121 L - Ran a nice race last out breaking from the 10 hole and must certain out ran her odds and posted her career best beyer. Lanerie stays aboard and he is one the better turf riders at this meet, she is the ? mark of the race and is also bred top and bottom for the green.

7 Athena's Gift Bridgmohan S X 121 L - Big jock change and trainer is always live on the green but her breeding is suspect against better bred fillies in this race.

8 Chief Mena Leparoux J R 121 - Seem like a hanger but with Julien on her back he might make the difference in this one. She is bred to love the green but don't understand why 10 tries on the dirt before the sod last time out., I know two back they were pointing for the sod but still 7 races on dirt?

9 Carmaletta Castro E 121 L - Castro is one the must underated turf riders in the country is on this one for Stewart, tried the green at CH last year and was looking for green last out but was taken off, ran a very credible race last out and look for a much improved effort today. Most certain for exotics.

10 Dan's Pride Desormeaux K J 121 L - Another from the Mott barn that was asked too much to do first out but look at the running lines and this one got just what she needed in that race, tracked the pace and just flattend out down the lane. Only showed 4 works for a route out of the gate and now comes back with a race under her belt and two freshner works for this race and also attracts KD in the saddle to open the card. Is a solid conteneder in this race.

11 Olemiss Rebel Martin E M Jr 121 L - EM Jr. has the strongest hands on the grounds in the irons bar none, this filly is coming out of the smae race as the 1 horse, and looks just as good or better than the 1. She is going to be a nice price and I most certain will have her somewhere on my ticket in exotics as the only downfall is the post position.

12 Jazz Odyssey Zimmerman R 121 FTL - No go for me as my angle says don't play or use, breaking from the 12 hole, 1st timer, route of ground = no wager for myself.

MTO Coeur d'Arc Graham J 121 L

AE Winning Idea Leparoux J R 121 L