Backstretch Talk for Fairgroudns La. Derby Day

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Below are comments I have been told from jock agents, jocks, clockers and owners. Pleae take it for what it's worth and I actually play different horses sometimes than the info passed on to me. I always use the info horses in my exotic plays.

FB

Race #1 - Nothing at this time.

Race #2 - Nothing at this time.

Race #3 - #7 Autry runner is sitting on a big effort today, solid info on this one.

Race #4 - #7 This Calhoun filly is sitting on a big effort at a very nice m.l. price.

Race #5 - Nothing at this time.

Race #6 - #3 A solid single in all wagers, this one last 1/8th the other day was 11sec. flat and the owners, jock and all involved in this one are ready for there picture to be taken. Hope you can get even money on this up and coming colt.

Race #7 - #7 This Tagg runner will relish this turf course especially since we had a ton of rain today, this one is busting out of his skin the word from Florida, let hope we can get 6/1 on this one as he will be on the heels of Daytona and Shaun B. in the saddle know this TURF COURSE like the back of his hand big mount for Tagg here getting a local.

Race #8 - #2 I was told from the horse mouth that I.B. won't get away with a easy lead this time as Proud Spell will be chomping on her heels this time around and will pass her in the stretch. I will be rooting for I.B. as I will be sitting with the Earnhardts' and Baffert and I will personally pass the race on a wagering aspect.

Race #9 - #4 This one is going to run them around the track on the conveyer belt just as High Limit did 2 years ago.

Race #10 - #2 This one has taken to the turf in the morning like a duck to water, let's cash this 12/1 and watch her run them off there heels.

Race #11 - Nothing at this time.

Race #12 - #8 This Asmussen colt will get his picuture taken today losing at odds on last time out witht he blinks and lost to a very impressive 1st timer in Maltse Dog, follow this one to the winners circle.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2008
    Not much speed in the race to challenge J Be K early. Tale of Ekati may be closest.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    I truly think it will be harder for the closers this time around to run them down as this field if loaded with quality runners. But on another note I watched the Risen Star again last night and Pyro's move in that race udner no whip just is flat out awesome and gives me chills each time I watch it.
    edited March 2008
    Here is my last report for the Fairgrounds as I will be heading to the track around 9:30 a.m., below is the last bit of info I can give you all.

Race #1 - I was told last night the track President was going to observe the turf course this morning and decide if the first 2 turf races were going to stay on. If so the follwoing ponies have shown good life on the track this past week.

13 - If she draws in for either turf or dirt is going to be tough.

Race #2 - #1 is sitting on a big time race and #2 is going to be right with him at the wire.

Race #3 - #10 1st of March team work was strong and this could be a Desormeaus family affair as Kent rides him and Keith trains him pay attention to the tote board on this one.

Race #4 - #4 is showing strong signs in the morning.

Race #5 - nothing new

Race #6 - #5 work over the track on the 4th was visually strong and was holding good flesh.

Race #7 - nothing new

Race #8 - Still hearing the Prod Spell is going to blow by I.B. today, you might get 9/5 on her.

Race #9 - PYRO is looking more explosive than his last race and is going to run HUGE today and probably be around 2/1 closing of Pool #2 future wager.

Race #10 - 8-9-12 could blow up the tri and super and wouldnt be suprised if one of them pulls this wide open affair out.

Race #11 - #3 is heading in the right direction according to the clockers

Race #12 - #3 won't be a maiden long and today might be the day Cowboy Jones wins the finale as he did two on Risen Star day.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    FB,

Great information on Proud Spell...in a 2 horse race.
    Thank you!
    edited March 2008
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the info on Louisiana Lightnin yesterday. I did some digging after i saw your post, and ended up with a nice $8.80 winner. I never would've looked at it if not for you, FB. Thanks again...
    edited March 2008
    DCat I got to meet Alex Solis Jr. yesterday and got a little info from him, he is one sharp 23 year old. I asked him a few questions about Yankee Bravo and he told me he can run on anything and we saw that yesterday and what I took from him is that Yankee Bravo is going to run big on Derby Day and I don't think he has run his best race as of this date. He also gave me a horse that is going to be super sharp next out and I will update the fourm with this runner.

FB
    edited March 2008
    A Yankee Bravo win in the Derby would suit me just fine.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    just wanted to thank you 4 the info i hit back to back pik3 s had a really good day thanks to u
    edited March 2008
    No problem Box glad you had a good day, Edward asked me to contirbute to this forum and I will do as I get info I can pass along to all members. This is the type of forum I want to be affiliated with not those bullshit and kid type forums. I just hope it stays status quo from hear on out.

FB
    edited March 2008
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Here is my last report for the Fairgrounds as I will be heading to the track around 9:30 a.m., below is the last bit of info I can give you all.

Race #1 - I was told last night the track President was going to observe the turf course this morning and decide if the first 2 turf races were going to stay on. If so the follwoing ponies have shown good life on the track this past week.

#4 has enough in the final jump to get the win

13 - If she draws in for either turf or dirt is going to be tough.

Race #2 - #1 is sitting on a big time race and #2 is going to be right with him at the wire.

#1 won by 8 and was a easy odds on winner.

Race #3 - #10 1st of March team work was strong and this could be a Desormeaus family affair as Kent rides him and Keith trains him pay attention to the tote board on this one.

#3 like I said was live the tote board showed it from 8/1 to 3/1 and won going away.

Race #4 - #4 is showing strong signs in the morning.

#4 didn't run a lick!!!!

Race #5 - nothing new

Race #6 - #5 work over the track on the 4th was visually strong and was holding good flesh.

#5 didn't show his usual late run and was never really in the race.

Race #7 - nothing new

Race #8 - Still hearing the Prod Spell is going to blow by I.B. today, you might get 9/5 on her.

Just as I stated Proud Spell won easy and will run huge in the Oaks at a very good price.

Race #9 - PYRO is looking more explosive than his last race and is going to run HUGE today and probably be around 2/1 closing of Pool #2 future wager.

Pyro is going to be tough to beat in the Derby with a good post draw, the Blue Grass will just be a glorified work and he might run out of the money depending on the quality of the field as they will take him back and make one run with him and not exert any type of hard race on the 12th of April.

Race #10 - 8-9-12 could blow up the tri and super and wouldnt be suprised if one of them pulls this wide open affair out.

I hope some of you caught the tri by using the CHALK, 12 wins easy at 11/1 and we get the 9 in there at 38/1 box cars for myself and I hope many others.

Race #11 - #3 is heading in the right direction according to the clockers

#3 scratch

Race #12 - #3 won't be a maiden long and today might be the day Cowboy Jones wins the finale as he did two on Risen Star day.

Cowboy Larry Jones won the finale on Derby Day just as he did on Risen Star day.

I have updated the above with the winners and loser pretty good day for a very tough card.

FB