Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com (San Felipe Stakes)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 9

#4 Georgie Boy (9/5 ml)

Morning line is pretty short here, but Bob Black Jack figures to take a lot of action, so i'm not overly concerned about the price. Regarding Georgie Boy, he's been highly-touted since Day One, and did run some very nice races as a 2yo, but he really looked like a completely different horse when knocking the shit out of the top-level sprinters Into Mischief and Massive Drama in the San Vicente Stakes. Big, long-striding colt just ranged up behind those two on the turn after sticking surprisingly close early, angled out for some room and then just started gobbling up the ground with an incredibly powerful finish, in lightning-fast time. This will be his first attempt at two turns, and he does have a sprinter's pedigree, but he sure looks to me like he'll appreciate some added ground. His improved early speed should enable him to stay within striking range of Bob Black Jack down the backstretch, not that Bob figures to be moving extremely fast anyway, as this will also be his first attempt at a route. Just think Georgie Boy is gonna be extremely tough to beat here if he can reproduce that powerful finish, and he's certainly continued to train well since last raced. Btw, it looks like Michael Baze will be picking up the mount here, according to the overnights. Bejarano (aboard for the win last time) was injured on Thursday, and is out for a while. Gomez (aboard for the Del Mar Futurity win) is at Oaklawn to ride Z Fortune in the Rebel Stakes.

HRT record:

42 for 140 (30%)

$375.70 mutuels ($8.95 avg)

Comments

• trackman74trackman74 Member
    edited March 2008
    I am glad we agree...always respect your opion. I loved the way he closed in that 7f race. The only thing that scares me is that Bob Black Jack might get an easy lead. But I still played Georgie Boy to win and used BBJ, Indian Sun, and Go for Cover underneath in the gimmicks.

Good Luck,
    Trackman74
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    I went with

#2 Southwest Like the high odds
  • HorseRacingTalkHorseRacingTalk Administrator
    edited March 2008
    $4.80 winner

Nice call.