Kentucky Derby Prep Race - "GEORGIE BOY Flew......"

xfilexfile Banned
edited March 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
They have the race replay video up as well
"Georgie Boy 'Flew' Home To
Impressively Take G2 San Felipe"

GEORGIE BOY, George Schwary’s home bred grandson of STORM CAT and, the first foal from the stakes-winning dam IPPODAMIA, was extremely impressive in victory in the Grade 2 San Felipe (1 1/16 miles) on March 16 at “The Great Race Place”.

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    he came home the last 1/16th in 6 seconds.....what a nice cal-bred
    on to the santa anita derby......
  • tomjohntomjohn Member
    edited March 2008
    when he gave that kick as he was going around gayego, it was bye, bye, he stetched out so quickly. the race was decided in a few yards. it was very sweet to watch.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2008
    The horse has an incredibly long, reaching kick. It was no different from what he had shown in the San Vicente last time out. It's a LOT different from what he had shown last year as a 2yo. I'm not sure i've ever seen an already-good horse like Georgie Boy improve as much (from 2yo to 3yo) as this one has. Looks like a major Derby threat right now, really top of the line. Interesting to note however that if he makes it to the Derby, it will be his first race on real dirt.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    I think it is tough for west coast horses to ship in well for the derby, I follow the west coast on a weekly basis, and I am always finding myself backing a west coast horses and they come up short..... This one seems to be setting up the same way, impressive victory looks solid but can the horse ship across country and be happy? I thought Oniel was doing the right thing last year with Cobalt Blue going to Hawthorne but that back fired..... Tough for my west coast boys!