Santa Anita Derby

MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
edited April 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Just thought I'd put my two cents in since it's a big racing day. Hope you all are well.

In the Santa Anita Derby race #6 I am very enthusiastic bout what should be a
good overlay in Bob Black Jack. Surprisingly I think this horse is being overlooked. He's
goin up in class but then again who's not? Then theres that smoking workout 7 days ago
of 58 H flat, besting Coast Guard by 4/10's of a second. and Colonel John by 3/10's.:yes:

Even his last race where he cam in third, he still posted fast recent 89 byers with
a good 89 Moss pace rating should put him right there in the thick of things. On my personel
figures I have him with the magic # 23 form points and if he runs to form is sprint race one race back where he ran 6f in 1:06.2 ( Wow just now saw that, wonder what the track record is?)

Only two questions need to be answered in the next hour and a half., can he handle the distance and does the Jockey know
how to ride em. If these two factors are handled he wins the race. :peace:

So looking at an exacta, i would say that putting Bob Black Jack on top with Yankee Bravo under him should be successful. :clover:

I'm picking them for fun and practice so don't go bet the farm cause I said so. Just practicing
for next Wednesday. Everyone have a good day, and see you on the 9th.:toast:

Thanks Mike Solar

Comments

• MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
    edited April 2008
    Man, he blew the corner on that last turn and got a little wide. I think the jockey could have
    done a little better of keeping him on the rail. Cost him the 3 ft he lost by.
  • MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
    edited April 2008
    On a final note, I am pretty sure I heard the announcer say the Bob broke the world record for
    6 furlongs. Anybody confirm that?
    Sorry I missed the obvious play of boxing him with Colonel John. Just he's not my favorite horse.