Post race quotes from also rans?

RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Has anyone seen any Ky Derby post race quotes or comments on some of the also rans? I'm interested to hear what the connections of Adriano had to say, as well as some of the other disappointing/troubled trips.

I've done several searches but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks,

Edward

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Motion will probably say the horse belonged on the grass. Just my guess
  • alcoachalcoach Member
    edited May 2008
    based on what happen yesterday
    What horse do you think will run in the preakness

Is there any horse out there that wants 2nd and 3rd place money?
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    none of the runners from the derby, will face big brown in the 2nd leg of the triple crown,
    they have lined up 8 new victims for the preakness.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2008
    I found one article with a few post race quotes, and none of the top finishers are pointing for the Preakness, a few will point for the Belmont.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I would not crown him yet...alot can happen in the next month.I look for a few supplementary entries in the BELMONT...w2w
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I disagree, I think you will see a couple from the derby run again the preakness, I do believe denis of cork will wait for the belmont, but I think a horse like cowboy cal will go again, and I think colonal john as well will try again........... Possiably Recapturetheglory as well!
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    i will be at hollywood park for the 2nd leg of the triple crown.....
    i will bet a beer....no horse from the derby will come back to
    face that monster.....hell i bet some are so sick, they can't
    even eat yet!!!!(you must put you beer bet in before 10 p.s.t.....
    lol....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Ed If you get the Ny Post they have several quotes from the jockeys that ran in the race. Yes Denis Of Cork is waiting for the Belmont. As for Colonal John I dont think he will run in the Preakness but should go in the Belmont. I think Cowboy Cal will come right back in the Preakness. But does anyone think it makes a difference who this horse runs against in the Preakness? Maybe the Belmont with the 1 1/2.
  • hotbustophotbustop Member
    edited May 2008
    Ed go to tsnhorse.com and click on "handicappers edge" they have tons of quotes by trainers jockey's etc
    edited May 2008
    hotbustop wrote: »
    Ed go to tsnhorse.com and click on "handicappers edge" they have tons of quotes by trainers jockey's etc[/quote

Thanks for that.

After reading all of the horses who had to take up at one point in the race or another, I am surprised there is not more talk about limiting the field to maybe 14-16 horses. 20 is just too many.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Kentucky Bear will face him in the Preakness. That will be his only competition.
    edited May 2008
    No mention of Adriano suffering any kind of injury or mishap in the race, all Motion has said is that his days of running on dirt are probably numbered. So much for that.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    RightAngle wrote: »
    No mention of Adriano suffering any kind of injury or mishap in the race, all Motion has said is that his days of running on dirt are probably numbered. So much for that.

Adriano couldn't run down a maiden (Cherokee Artist) that served as his target in his last work........good news for those that knew, Cherokee Artist won on Saturday and led to a great trifecta.